REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--()--Silver Spring Networks, a leading networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks, today announced the expansion of the industry’s first insight-as-a-service solution with two new SilverLink™ cloud services offerings, delivering utilities enhanced operational insights from the endpoint to the network. SilverLink cloud services empower utilities to improve their operational efficiency and increase the performance of their smart grid, and leverage the best practices and expertise Silver Spring has gleaned from connecting more than 12 million homes and businesses worldwide via its IPv6 network.
“As utilities’ smart energy networks grow, so do their operational and performance demands. Today’s new SilverLink cloud services give utility networking and metering operations teams unprecedented operational insights from the network infrastructure down to the endpoint – with no new software required”
“As utilities’ smart energy networks grow, so do their operational and performance demands. Today’s new SilverLink cloud services give utility networking and metering operations teams unprecedented operational insights from the network infrastructure down to the endpoint – with no new software required,” said Don Reeves, Senior Vice President of Smart Grid Services & Operations, Silver Spring Networks. “As our customers roll out increasingly sophisticated and advanced applications across their smart grids, these insight-as-a-service solutions help them effectively derive maximum leverage from their connected devices in a secure, efficient and reliable manner.”
Available via subscription to customers today, these new SilverLink cloud services include:
- SilverLink Network Center: Delivers daily network insights that drive a better understanding of smart grid performance and network optimization such as reports showing network device performance, network task statistics, and other information important to understanding network performance. Daily Google Earth files allow visualization of the network, including routing maps and hop count maps that show any gaps in network coverage.
- SilverLink Meter Center: Delivers daily endpoint insights such as remote meter temperature monitoring, meter deployment and status reports, and aggregate information such as read job status and billing cycle information. Daily Google Earth files enable easy visualization of endpoints, such as service territory meter maps with device status.
Silver Spring was the first in the industry to bring the economics, scale, speed and flexibility of these types of cloud services to help customers improve their business operations. These new offerings complement existing SilverLink cloud services, including:
- SilverLink Console: Delivers real-time application and field network monitoring, alerts, and performance data. These dashboards and reports provide insights into such metrics as meter read and export status, performance of remote service operations, and network infrastructure availability.
- SilverLink Operations Center: Delivers real-time operations data enabling customers to easily integrate Silver Spring alerts, configuration, and performance information into their existing event management systems. Real-time sending of traps, combined with on-demand data for network performance, enriches the effectiveness of systems such as ‘manager of managers.’
Silver Spring has additional SilverLink cloud services under development for anticipated release in 2013. For more information please visit www.silverspringnet.com/silverlink.
Join the Silver Spring Networks Conversation
- Follow @SilverSpringNet on Twitter
- Like Silver Spring Networks on Facebook at www.facebook.com/silverspringnetworks
About Silver Spring Networks
Silver Spring Networks is a leading networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks. With its pioneering IPv6 networking platform, Silver Spring has connected more than 12 million homes and businesses throughout the world with the goal of achieving greater energy efficiency for the planet. Silver Spring’s innovative products enable utilities to gain efficiencies, integrate renewable energy sources, and empower customers to monitor and manage energy consumption. Silver Spring Networks is used by major utilities around the globe including Baltimore Gas & Electric, CitiPower & Powercor, Commonwealth Edison, CPFL Energia, Florida Power & Light, Jemena Electricity Networks Limited, Pacific Gas & Electric, Pepco Holdings, Inc. and United Energy among others. For more information please visit www.silverspringnet.com.