PORTLAND, Ore.--(The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) announced today a high-profile line-up of speakers for its third annual ISSA International Conference to be held October 25-26 at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA. Themed “The Magic Kingdom – Embracing a Changing World” and inspired by Disney’s innovative vision, the event brings together a who’s who of the cybersecurity community to discover opportunities in the midst of unprecedented transformations in technology, business, and culture. It is the only independent forum dedicated to advancing the development of cybersecurity professionals, their organizations and critical infrastructure worldwide.)--
“The Changing Threat Landscape – Lessons Learned from Stuxnet”
In one of four keynotes by diverse industry luminaries, Howard Schmidt, former Cybersecurity Coordinator of the Obama Administration, will share his unique insights from the White House and extensive information security experience. Mr. Schmidt will present his latest observations on interagency cyber security policy development and implementation and coordinating with federal, state, local, international and private sector partners; challenges and barriers that the U.S. must navigate in the current state of cyber space; and why a State driven “Cyber Security Eco-System” is needed to help formulate the future national strategy and technical, policy, and legislative solutions needed to secure the nation from cyber security attacks.
John F. Koster, MD, President and CEO of Providence Health & Services will also keynote on “The Data-Driven Collaborative Enterprise – a CEO’s Perspective.” This is a unique opportunity to understand a CEO’s point-of-view on how organizations can use big data to advance innovation, while providing an environment that allows for enhanced security without compromising the really significant improvements in health care around quality and affordability.
The conference offers a rich selection of over 50 keynote, panel, breakout and discussion forum sessions. This year’s agenda will explore in-depth the latest challenges and opportunities in cybersecurity such as big data, massive collaboration, cloud, mobile, threat intelligence, security awareness training, laws and regulations, business skills and career paths. Notable sessions and speakers include:
- Christofer Hoff, Chief Security Architect, Juniper Networks, “Stuff My Cloud Evangelist Says: Just Not to the CSO”: Hoff, a widely recognized cloud security expert, will share the behavioral, cultural, organizational and operational challenges that are holding back cloud initiative and how cloud evangelists together with CISOs can balance the benefits of cloud against the realities of security and compliance to move both effort forward.
- Robert Bigman, retired Chief Information Security Officer, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), “Refections of a Recently Retired Federal CISO”: Bigman will discuss perspectives on his job as the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) CISO, share potentially controversial observations on what works and doesn’t work; present recommendations on cybersecurity; and explain why government approaches can be successfully applied to the private sector.
- Stephen Northcutt, President, SANS Technology Institute, “Everything I Know is Wrong! How to Lead a Security Team in a Time of Unprecedented Change and Challenge”: Northcutt will share his insights from the influential SANS labs on why the methods our brains use can cause faulty reasoning in the information-centric world and strategies for team success in this dynamic environment.
- Samantha Manke, Executive Vice President, Internet Security Advisors Group, “7 Habits of Highly Effective Security Awareness Programs”: Manke will show why the failing of a security awareness program can be catastrophic, creating not just security-related loss, but also critical damage to the brand and reputation of the organization, and present the findings of a Fortune 500 study to determine the most effective security awareness programs on limited budgets.
- The Symantec Stuxnet Team, “The Changing Threat Landscape – Lessons Learned from Stuxnet”: The authors of the W32.Stuxnet Dossier, a groundbreaking forensic effort to understand what Stuxnet is and how it works, will present their research findings and how Stuxnet and other threats have changed the cybersecurity landscape.
- CISO panel moderated by Bob Bragdon, Publisher, CSO Magazine and CFOworld.com, “Embracing Change”:
- Eric Cowperthwaite, System Director, ES & ERM & Chief Information Security Officer, Providence Health & Services
- Jack Jones, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer, Huntington Bank
- Tammy Moskites, Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Robert Pittman, Chief Information Security Officer, County of Los Angeles.
ISSA membership has reached almost 10,000 IT security professionals who are at the forefront of protecting personal data, proprietary corporate information and intellectual property for some of the world’s largest organizations and government agencies. Through ISSA, this collective experience is transformed into powerful knowledge and peer networking to help security practitioners at all levels – from students to CISOs – stay in the loop with the rapidly-evolving technology and threat climate and develop the next generation of cybersecurity leaders.
To register as media for the event, please contact Leslie Kesselring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the ISSA
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk, and protecting critical information and infrastructure. ISSA members and award winners include many of the industry’s notable luminaries and represent a broad range of industries - from communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial and consulting to IT - as well as federal, state and local government departments and agencies. Through regional chapter meetings, conferences, networking events and content, members tap into a wealth of shared knowledge and expertise. Visit ISSA on the web at www.issa.org and follow us on Twitter at @ISSAINTL.