CHICAGO--(Bretford Manufacturing, Inc.® (NeoCon East Booth #2643), a United States manufacturer of dependable furniture products that improve how people work and learn, will focus on agile learning in the education and government sectors during NeoCon East 2012, October 17-18, in Baltimore, Md. During NeoCon East, Bretford® will debut the newest additions to its successful GSA-listed EDU 2.0 line of mobile and powered furniture. The company will also showcase its new Learning Commons Resource Center, provide details on a fall/winter webinar series on Agile Learning and help attendees get started on their next education project with its Discovery Guide tool book.)--
“Designing the Agile Classroom: Teaching the Third Teacher to Dance”
The EDU 2.0 line of furniture, which is fully listed on the GSA Schedule, is comprised of tables, desks, presenters, and seating products with countless power and design options. It is among the first in the contract furniture industry to achieve CarbonNeutral® product certification for a greener school supply chain and healthier learning environment. Available later this year, the newest additions to the EDU 2.0 line include:
- MOTIV™ 4-Leg Stool with Glides. Provides comfort and support along with flexibility for simple seating arrangements. Comes with an upholstered seat and powder painted legs to match any aesthetic.
- MOTIV™ 4-Leg Stool with Casters. Lightweight and easy to move with the convenience for quick collaborative group work and the versatility for endless seating configurations.
- Polyurethane Edge for EXPLORE™ Classroom Tables. With four colors and two new styles, the new design offers a different look for Bretford® tables It’s durable, abrasion-resistant and completely sealed onto a table, making it ideal for an education environment where children are present.
- Tablet Mechanism for MOTIV™ Armed and Armless Tablet Models. The new mechanism offers a streamlined look and 360 degree rotation to outfit many body types and allow for maximum comfort.
About the Learning Commons Resource Center
Learning Commons is a new section on the Bretford.com website that contains a compilation of education resources and expertise for customers and partners. It is divided into five key areas to help customers and partners easily navigate the section:
- Resources: Research data and resources like articles, interactive white papers, book references and videos.
- Community: Features a weekly blog topic and the ability for customers and partners to ask questions and post comments with relevant content shared through the Bretford® Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Professional Development: Includes BretfordU online and live webinars and other events, along with Continuing Education Unit courses for architects and designers.
- Referrals. Houses all case studies, references and testimonials.
- Experts: Bios and contact information for the experts contributing to the BretfordU webinars, blog topics, research and other sections.
About the Agile Learning Spaces Webinar
To support the guide, Bretford® has pumped up its BretfordUniversity webinar curriculum by adding an enhanced six-part fall/winter series that focuses on the "how to" and "design" of agile learning spaces. The webinars also include information about a unique case study project at Hillbrook School in Silicon Valley, Calif. called iLab. Through a partnership with Bretford® and HERO, Inc., a research and consulting firm, Hillbrook has been able to design and build an agile learning space, which will be used by students and monitored throughout the first six months of the 2012-2013 school year. The story, findings and results can be followed here.
The next webinar, “Designing the Agile Classroom: Teaching the Third Teacher to Dance,” is scheduled to take place on October 30 at 2:00 p.m. E.T. It will focus on the physical environment, also sometimes known as the third teacher, and will explore the principles of classroom design to support mobility and agility. To register, click here.
About the Discovery Guide
The Discovery Guide helps educators understand, create and implement the specific agile learning space that is right for them, using the EDU 2.0 line of furniture, which is built to be flexible and support the many changes that technology is bringing to the learning environment. It explores the trends and concepts uncovered in three years of Bretford® research, shows just how agile layouts affect learning then demonstrates how to implement change in a learning environment. The complete Discovery Guide is available by contacting a local Bretford® sales representative.
For more information about Bretford® visit Bretford.com or call 1-800-521-9614. Bretford® can also be followed on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bretfordmanf.