BURLINGTON, Mass.--(Dimensional Insight, a leading provider of business intelligence (BI) solutions, today announced that, in an independent survey of companies using business intelligence software products, Dimensional Insight ranked #1 in 13 categories, and ranked as a leader in numerous additional categories. The BI Survey 12, conducted by the Business Application Research Center (BARC), is the world's largest independent survey of Business Intelligence and Performance Management users.)--
“Compared to other dashboard vendors including Information Builders, Oracle, QlikTech, and MicroStrategy, Dimensional Insight’s users report top response times. Users value this ability and also score Dimensional Insight as the top vendor for both functional scope and self-service in the dashboard peer group.”
A free copy of the Dimensional Insight Vendor Summary for the BARC BI Survey 12 can be downloaded at http://www.dimins.com/BARC12.
Among Visual Analysis and Data Discovery vendors, Dimensional Insight received the top score in seven categories:
- Cloud BI – Dimensional Insight has delivered secure, on-demand BI since 2003, providing customers with flexible, scalable, and cost effective deployment options.
- Big Data and Data Volumes – Dimensional Insight customers have used The Diver Solution to analyze multi-terabyte data volumes long before Big Data became an industry buzzword. Patented data indexing and aggregation technology provides users with a unique, interactive environment in which to efficiently and effectively understand their data regardless of volume or complexity. Dimensional Insight also received #1 rankings in these two categories among Small and Medium Project vendors.
- Innovation and Functional Scope – Dimensional Insight’s development team continues to push the frontiers of BI with innovative functionality. Dimensional Insight’s Diver Solution incorporates a number of novel data analysis and visualization technologies that provide end users with faster time to insight and greater business value.
- Business Benefits Achieved and Business Achievement – The ultimate goal of deploying BI solutions is to deliver significant, quantifiable business benefits. Dimensional Insight ranked first in both categories, underscoring the value Dimensional Insight’s applications have provided to their global customer base.
"Compared with other visual analysis and data discovery vendors including QlikTech and Tableau, Dimensional Insight users handle, in average, significantly higher data volumes," according to Carsten Bange, author at BARC. "Dimensional Insight’s flexible deployment options translate to the top score achieved in cloud BI. Dimensional Insight customers also feel that the platform delivers solid business value."
Ranked against competing Dashboard vendors, Dimensional Insight won top honors in four key categories:
- Query Performance and Performance – Dimensional Insight leads the competition in query and overall dashboard performance. Customers gain immediate insight into complex data relationships and find answers to business questions within seconds directly from interactive dashboards.
- Functional Scope – Dimensional Insight’s Diver Solution 6.4 is an end-to-end business intelligence platform. From data integration and discovery to dashboard based information delivery and self-service reporting and analytics, Diver provides complete functionality for designing, implementing, and deploying BI applications quickly and cost effectively.
- Self Service – Self-service dashboards, reporting tools, and analytical clients underscore Dimensional Insight’s customer centric approach to business intelligence and scalable information delivery.
"Dimensional Insight takes top scores across a broad range of BARC Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), from dashboard performance and self-service to business benefits achieved," notes Carsten Bange, author at BARC. "Compared to other dashboard vendors including Information Builders, Oracle, QlikTech, and MicroStrategy, Dimensional Insight’s users report top response times. Users value this ability and also score Dimensional Insight as the top vendor for both functional scope and self-service in the dashboard peer group."
"This year’s results once again validate that Dimensional Insight’s core technology and functionality provide our customers with superior business value," said Fred Powers, Dimensional Insight’s chief executive officer. "BARC’s survey results echo findings we have seen from recent Dresner and KLAS 'voice-of-customer' research. The success and satisfaction of our customers is our highest goal."
The BI Survey 12 -- now in its twelfth year -- generated almost 3,000 responses analyzing 27 different BI products from April through July 2012. The purpose of this online study is to uncover the motivation behind mid-market and enterprise customers selecting BI products, examine how they use them, and measure business benefits achieved.
ABOUT DIMENSIONAL INSIGHT
Dimensional Insight is a leading provider of business intelligence (BI) solutions. The company offers a comprehensive set of BI capabilities ranging from data integration and modeling to sophisticated reporting, analytics, information portals and dashboards. Founded in 1989, Dimensional Insight has thousands of customer organizations worldwide. Dimensional Insight's Diver Solution consistently ranks as a top performing business intelligence platform in customer satisfaction in its core market segments including healthcare, manufacturing and distribution industries. For more information, please visit www.dimins.com.
Dimensional Insight and The Diver Solution are trademarks or registered trademarks of Dimensional Insight or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Other company names, product names and company logos mentioned herein are the trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.