PARIS & HERNDON, Va.--(InfoVista, a global leader of proactive service performance assurance solutions, today announced that 12 new mobile operators have selected VistaInsight for Networks, the company’s flagship network performance management solution, to manage their IP backhaul network transformations since the beginning of the year.)--
“The TDM to packet-based backhaul transformation is now well underway. Mobile network operators are realizing that performance assurance solutions are critical for them to cost-effectively operate their performance-sensitive mobile network and services. In addition, service quality visualization helps wholesale providers differentiate their backhaul services and monetize their network investments”
As data traffic increases exponentially, mobile operators are facing intense pressure to lower costs, while maintaining quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE). The most advanced operators have rolled out IP/Ethernet backhaul technologies, which allow them to not only cost-effectively maintain service reliability, but also generate a new source of revenue. Wholesale operators are also taking advantage of this data traffic explosion by leveraging their IP/Ethernet backhaul networks to secure new customers that are eager to get affordable and reliable backhaul services for their data-hungry subscribers.
More than 20 tier 1 and tier 2 operators leverage InfoVista’s network performance management solution for their backhaul transformation. Organizations, such as MTN, Telstra, Tunisiana and US Cellular, benefit from the actionable performance visibility and assurance workflows they require to better manage and right-size backhaul network capacity and lower operating costs, while maintaining service reliability and QoS.
While some mobile operators have begun implementing an IP/Ethernet backhaul, not all yet rely on this technology for their next-generation access and aggregation networks, as it can be challenging to dimension, deploy and manage. A recent Billing & OSS World survey found that 97 percent of mobile operators worldwide have not completed an implementation of—and are not fully benefitting from—IP/Ethernet backhaul. However, most plan to leverage IP and Carrier Ethernet for next-generation backhaul in the near future, demonstrating a clear opportunity in the market. With its VistaInsight® for Networks and Vista360 powering backhaul transformations, InfoVista has been, and remains, the early provider of choice for mobile operators and wholesale providers.
- VistaInsight for Networks is InfoVista’s converged IT and network performance management solution for capacity monitoring, proactive network troubleshooting and customer reporting. It streamlines communication with internal and external customers, ensures high-quality service level delivery, reduces and validates capital / operational expenditures, and increases operational efficiency.
- Vista360® is InfoVista’s award-winning, powerful and innovative Web 2.0 application, providing a flexible, easy-to-use, self-service network performance dashboard.
- InfoVista boasts the largest multi-vendor coverage in the market with up-to-date and out-of-the-box support for vendors such as ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Ciena, Huawei, Juniper, RAD and more.
- “InfoVista is well-positioned in the management of next-generation IP/Ethernet backhaul because of its demonstrated success in managing critical IP/MPLS networks of Tier 1 and Tier 2 communications service providers,” said Patrick Kelly, research director, Analysys Mason.
- “The TDM to packet-based backhaul transformation is now well underway. Mobile network operators are realizing that performance assurance solutions are critical for them to cost-effectively operate their performance-sensitive mobile network and services. In addition, service quality visualization helps wholesale providers differentiate their backhaul services and monetize their network investments,” said Vikas Trehan, senior vice president, product strategy and alliances, InfoVista. “InfoVista has been on the leading edge, supporting all of the latest related industry standards including IEEE, ITU and MEF, and has become the de facto choice for IP/Ethernet backhaul assurance by operators globally.”
- “As we began our backhaul network development project, we wanted to ensure that we were building a network that would be able to handle the strong growth of the Tunisian mobile and fixed line markets,” said Sami Landoulsi, head of transport networks, Tunisiana. “VistaInsight for Networks gives us the perfect balance between flexibility and openness to produce the necessary reports to right-size and troubleshoot next-generation services running on our network. As a result, we are able to prioritize CAPEX, reduce OPEX and plan our new network far more accurately than ever before.”
- Learn more about InfoVista’s MEF-aligned solution for backhaul performance, combining the best-of-breed VistaInsight® for Networks, VistaLink® for 5620 SAM and Vista360™, the award-winning Web 2.0 collaborative portal.
- Learn more about Tunisiana’s backhaul network development project from this case study.
- View Implementing a CAPEX-aware NGN Backhaul Planning Practice video.
- Find out how MNOs can leverage lifecycle-aware performance assurance when deploying Ethernet backhaul.
- Find out how wholesale providers are achieving service differentiation in the backhaul market.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News”, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Access Analysys Mason’s report, “Assuring Mobile Backhaul Networks”, here.
- Tweet this: InfoVista Affirms its Position as Preferred Vendor for IP/Ethernet #Backhaul Assurance http://bit.ly/T0zXl2 #telecom
InfoVista, network performance management, mobile operators, wholesale providers, operational excellence, Tunisiana, Billing & OSS World, Metro Ethernet Forum, VistaInsight for Networks, Vista360, QoS, QoE, OPEX, CAPEX, Analysys Mason
InfoVista is the leading provider of service performance assurance software solutions for network and application services transported by all-IP networks. InfoVista empowers communications service providers and large IT enterprise organizations to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively monetizing, operating and optimizing their networks. The industry-leading scalability, service modelling flexibility and open integration capabilities of its service performance assurance platform equip 80% of the world’s largest operators and a roster of global enterprises. InfoVista’s application and network performance assurance solutions provide them with the actionable network intelligence they need to deliver optimal quality of service, ensure high-quality user experience, and transform and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. InfoVista can be found online at www.infovista.com.