ARLINGTON, Va.--()--The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today announced the election of its 2013 Executive Board and Board of Industry Leaders. CEA is the nation’s preeminent trade association representing more than 2,000 consumer electronics and technology companies.
“The members of the board bring experience, knowledge and innovative minds to the table. They provide us with so much breadth and depth that it put us in a favorably strong position to lead the way for our association and industry.”
“Top executives from the most successful consumer electronics and technology businesses in the country serve on the Executive Board,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA. “The members of the board bring experience, knowledge and innovative minds to the table. They provide us with so much breadth and depth that it put us in a favorably strong position to lead the way for our association and industry.”
The members of CEA’s Executive Board were confirmed by a vote of CEA’s members at the CEA Industry Forum in San Francisco this week. Newly elected CEA Executive Board Members include: David Hagan, president and CEO, Boingo; Ron Freeman, CEO, AAMP of America; and David Hanchette, vice president of marketing, Legrand.
Jay McLellan, president and CEO, HAI by Leviton, and Patrick Lavelle, president and CEO, Voxx International, continue to serve on the Executive Board as chair and vice chair respectively. Randy Fry, president, Fry’s Electronics remains on the Executive Board as past chair.
Previously elected CEA Executive Board members who will continue service include the following:
- Gary Yacoubian, president, CEO and managing partner, Specialty Technologies, LLC
- Denise Gibson
- Phil Molyneux, president and COO, Sony Electronics
- Steve Tiffen, president and CEO, The Tiffen Company
- Mike Vitelli, president, US and executive vice president, Best Buy
- Robert Fields, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Aridian Technology Company, Inc.
CEA’s Shapiro continues to serve on the Executive Board along with Glenda MacMullin, COO and CFO, CEA, serving as treasurer and Karen Chupka, senior vice president, events and conferences, CEA, serving as secretary.
CEA also announced the election of its 2013 Board of Industry Leaders (BIL). The BIL serves CEA and its Executive Board in an advisory role, helping to set public policy position and priorities for association activities. New members of CEA’s BIL include:
- Jim Braun, President and CEO, Dual Electronics Corporation
- Eric Davidson, President, American Automation and Communications
- Peter Fannon, Vice President, Corporate & Government Affairs, Panasonic
- Jim Hamilton, Corporate Vice President General Manager of Global Retail, Motorola Mobility
- Benjamin Hartman, Vice President, Consumer Electronics, Amazon.com
- Noel Lee, Head Monster, Monster Cable Products Inc.
- Denise Morales, Vice President, Beats by Dr. Dre
- Dan Novak, Vice President, Global Marketing, Qualcomm
- Daniel Pidgeon, Chairman, Starpower
- Eric Reed, Vice President, Entertainment and Tech Policy, Verizon
- David Rodarte, President and COO, NuVo Technologies LLC
- Michael Troetti, President, Coby Electronics Corp.
- Sally Washlow, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Cobra Electronics Corp.
- Ken Wirt, Vice President, Consumer Marketing, Cisco Systems
CEA members who are continuing their service on The BIL in 2013 are as follows:
- Jim Bazet, Chairman and CEO, Cobra Electronics
- Doug Cole, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Universal Remote Control
- Kim Folsom, Founder and CEO, ShowUhow Inc
- John Godfrey, Vice President, Government and Public Affairs, Samsung Information Systems America, Inc
- Joellyn Gray, Director, Marketing, Fujifilm North America Corporation
- Joe Hartsig, Vice President, GMM Technology and Entertainment, Office Division, Sam's Club
- Loyd Ivey, Chairman and CEO, Mitek Electronics and Communications
- Glenn Lurie, President, Emerging Devices and Resale, AT&T
- Craig McHugh, CEO, Cambridge Soundworks
- Mike Mohr, President, Celluphone
- Robert Struble, President and CEO, iBiquity Digital Corp
- John Taylor, Vice President, LG Electronics, USA
- Joseph Taylor, Chairman and CEO, Panasonic Corporation of North America
- Brian Wiser, SVP, Specialty Solutions Division, Ingram Micro
- Tim Baxter, President, Consumer Electronics Division, Samsung Electronics America
- Scott Burnett, Managing Director, Consumer Electronics, IBM
- Mike Dunn, President, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Worldwide
- Ian Geller, VP, Business Development, Pandora Media
- Bill Holmes, VP, Business Development, Netflix
- David Inns, CEO, GreatCall
- Henry Juszkiewicz, CEO, Gibson Guitar
- Kenneth Lowe, Co-Founder and Vice President, VIZIO
- Mark Luden, President and CEO, The Guitammer Company
- David McCalpin, GM, Home Energy Management, GE Appliances
- Dean Miller, President, Lenbrook America Corp.
- Eliott Peck, VP and GM, Sales, Canon USA Inc.
- Scott Ramirez, VP Marketing, Toshiba America Consumer Products
- Jake Sigal, Founder and CEO, Livio Radio
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: https://www.facebook.com/#!/CEAfeed, http://twitter.com/ceafeed, http://blog.ce.org/.
CEO Summit and Board Retreat
October 17-19, 2012, Sonoma, CA
CES Unveiled STOCKHOLM
October 29, 2012, Stockholm, Sweden
CES New York Press Preview featuring CES Unveiled NEW YORK
November 12, 2012, New York, NY
CES Unveiled LONDON
November 15, 2012, London, UK
2013 International CES
January 8-11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV