SAN DIEGO & CHICAGO--(real estate information solutions powered by data, analytics and decisioning, announced the availability of the DataQuick Property Intelligence Report or PIR for mortgage lenders, investors and media.)--In conjunction with the company’s recent introduction of the Distressed Asset Intelligence Suite, DataQuick®, a provider of advanced
“It is interesting to note that Maricopa County, Ariz. has experienced the highest house price growth rate over the most recent one month, one quarter and one year intervals”
“Our Property Intelligence Report leverages our comprehensive national property database to develop a series of monthly property valuation metrics,” said Gordon Crawford, Ph.D., vice president of Analytics for DataQuick. “The results confirm our strong belief that lenders and investors must consider market trends at the local level in order to make the most accurate and timely collateral and portfolio risk decisions.”
In addition to the metrics, DataQuick also leverages its analytics expertise to comment on ongoing results reported in the PIR. October’s PIR, which measures housing performance in September and the previous 12 months, shows evidence that a recovery in housing is underway nationally. However, the strength of the market varies across the country with risk factors, such as inventories of bank-owned properties, still prominent.
- Home price growth is positive in 40 of the 42 reported counties over that last month.
- Home price growth was positive in all 42 reported counties over the last quarter and last year.
- Sales increased in 19 of the 42 reported counties over the last month.
- Sales increased in 30 of the 42 reported counties over the last quarter.
- Sales increased in 35 of the 42 reported counties over the last year.
- Foreclosures declined in 16 of the 42 reported counties over the last month.
- Foreclosures declined in 19 of the 42 reported counties over the last quarter.
- Foreclosures declined in 21 of the 42 reported counties over the last year.
“It is interesting to note that Maricopa County, Ariz. has experienced the highest house price growth rate over the most recent one month, one quarter and one year intervals,” said Crawford. “It’s unlikely that this rapid growth can continue as foreclosure and sales trends do not support continued increases.”
DataQuick’s PIR, which will be released during the third week of every month, includes three metrics reported monthly from 40 of the largest counties in the United States.
1. Valuation Trends track the overall changes in property values within a county using DataQuick’s Neighborhood-Level HPI
2. REO Inventory Trends track changes in REO inventory within each county using DataQuick’s RiskFinder Distress
3. Sales Trends track changes in residential property resales within each county using DataQuick’s National Property Database of more than 120 million U.S. properties
“At DataQuick, we believe it is important to support the mortgage industry and better overall business decision making not only with robust products and services, but also with metrics, reports and market commentary,” said John Walsh, president of DataQuick.
The report will also include one, three and 12-month trends for each metric reported at the individual county level.
San Diego-based DataQuick, a Decision Insight Information Group Company, delivers advanced information solutions powered by higher quality data, innovative analytics and automated decisioning across a national footprint. The company drives better decision making and improved profitability for the real estate, mortgage lending and secondary investor markets. DataQuick’s integrated solutions include property data and analytics, appraisals and non-appraisal evaluations, flood determinations, mortgage credit reports, automated valuation models, automated decisioning software, Title insurance and property information, property research portals and marketing tools. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.dataquick.com, on LinkedIn or on Twitter at @DataQuick.
About Decision Insight Information Group
Decision Insight Information Group, located in the U.S., Canada and Europe, delivers a comprehensive range of information, infrastructure and decision support products and services for financial and legal professionals. Operating at the heart of the property industry, Decision Insight Information Group manages complex information solutions and provides clarity on decision making for buying, selling, conveyancing, financing and insurance. Decision Insight Information Group companies include MSB and DataQuick in the U.S., Access Point Information Canada, SearchFlow, xit2 and Decision Insight Hub in the UK, Millar & Bryce in Scotland, Rochford Brady Group in the Republic of Ireland, Wertweiser, a joint venture with HVB Bank, in Germany, and Decision First, a joint venture with First Title, in the UK. Decision Insight Information Group has 1,100 employees in 16 offices. For more information, visit www.decisioninsightgroup.com. Decision Insight Information Group is a TPG Capital portfolio company.