RONKONKOMA, N.Y.--(Sigma Corporation of America will make the U.S. debut of its new Global Vision at PhotoPlus Expo this week, exhibiting in booth 754 at New York City’s Javitz Convention Center from October 25-27, 2012. The American subsidiary will be hosting a SD1 Merrill photo contest, showcasing its extensive lens lineup with over 45 lenses and sponsoring the Photographers Ignite event.)--
“We’re looking forward to sharing our Global Vision at this year’s event”
“We’re looking forward to sharing our Global Vision at this year’s event,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “With our new vision and roadmap of our future, photographers of all levels will easily be able to identify which of our products is best for them. PPE is our time to share this new lens lineup, as well as explore the Foveon technology in our cameras, giving photographers a chance to experience the amazing photographic detail our cameras are capable of.”
Sigma Corporation of America’s activities at this year’s PPE show will include:
- “I’m a Believer” SD1 Merrill Photo Contest: Stop by the Sigma booth each day of the show to shoot with the SD1 Merrill camera. With daily themes and models to photograph, all participants will walk away with their images on a Sigma flash drive, and will have those images entered to win a 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM lens. Sigma Pros Lindsay Adler and Kevin Ames will be in the booth working with the SD1 Merrill shooters and will help choose a winning image, based on quality and creativity, at the end of each day. Participants will also be given the option of trying the new Sigma DP2 Merrill, and will take their images home on an SD card.* This contest will happen on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Product lineup on display: From Sigma’s Global Vision announcement at Photokina this year, the 35mm F1.4 DG HSM will be on display, which will be the first of the new lens lineup to arrive in November of this year. More than 45 other Sigma products will also be featured in the booth for attendees to look at.
- Photographers Ignite sponsorship: Sigma Pro and fashion photographer Lindsay Adler will take the floor at this year’s Photographers Ignite event, hosted by CreativeLive at Canoe Studios, to speak about photography in her industry and the gear she uses to capture her stunning shots.
- Instant Savings promotion: Now through January 15, Sigma Corporation of America will be featuring an Instant Savings Sale on select gear. This offer is valid only through current Sigma Authorized Dealers in the U.S.A. only. Please see reps in booth 754 for more details.
- Explore the Global Vision Facebook Contest: For those unable to attend this year’s show, Sigma Corporation of America will be hosting a Facebook contest from October 23 until October 28. By answering questions about Sigma’s new Global Vision, fans will be entered to win a 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM lens. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/SigmaCorporationofAmerica.
To find out more about Sigma’s in-booth contest at PPE 2012, check out www.sigmaphoto.com/PPE2012. For details about the Sigma Global Vision, or the new product categories and products, visit http://www.sigma-global.com. For information about Sigma Corporation of America, visit www.sigmaphoto.com.
*DP shooters will not be entered into the “I’m a Believer” photo contest
About Sigma Corporation
For more than 50 years, Sigma Corporation’s expertise and innovation has driven the company’s core philosophy of “knowledge, plus experience, plus imagination,” with an emphasis on producing high-quality, high-performance photographic technology. This family-owned organization is the largest, independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 40 lenses that are compatible with most manufacturers, including Sigma, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Sigma Corporation also produces digital SLR cameras and high-definition digital compact cameras. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. For information, please visit www.sigmaphoto.com.