“The FHMA is confident that Blink! will transform this iconic property into a must-visit destination this holiday season”
The FHMA will not only illuminate the largest Christmas tree in the northeast this holiday season, they plan to launch a light and sound extravaganza that will wow spectators of all ages.
“The FHMA is confident that Blink! will transform this iconic property into a must-visit destination this holiday season,” said Carol Troxell, Faneuil Hall Merchants Association President. “The support we have received from Boston Mayor, Thomas M. Menino, and partners such as the Boston Symphony Orchestra has been crucial to the success of this program. The merchants are optimistic about increased sales this holiday season as a result of Blink!’
Blink! is funded by the Faneuil Hall Merchants Association through the 2017 holiday season.
Facts about Blink!:
- Blink! will launch on Saturday, November 17th in partnership with Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Mayor’s Holiday Special, Arts Boston and The Greater Boston Visitors and Convention Bureau.
- Nightly shows begin at 4:30 pm and will occur on the half hour with the last show ending at 10:00 pm running from November 17th through December 31st.
- Blink! will illuminate Boston’s skyline 12x per night with 350,000 energy efficient LED lights.
- The LED lights illuminating the 85-foot Christmas tree will require only 30% of the electricity used in previous years.
- The entire six-week show uses the same amount of electricity as the average American household.
Faneuil Hall Marketplace will also launch a mobile concierge program this holiday season in partnership with Boston start-up, PingUp. Available for Android and iPhone, PingUp's mobile app will allow Blink! spectators to text questions to Faneuil Hall Marketplace regarding the property or Blink! show times as well as make dinner reservations and much more.
About Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Faneuil Hall Marketplace is a one of the nation’s premier retail destinations representing a unique blend of history with innovative retail concepts. The cobblestone streets are home to world famous restaurants, ethnic food stalls, unique shops and a one-of-a kind festive atmosphere. Renowned for outdoor entertainment, the marketplace is host to internationally recognized acrobats, contortionists, jugglers, magicians and more. This one-of-a-kind marketplace provides every guest with an unforgettable experience and eagerness to return for more!