LOS ANGELES--()--Ten years after opening ArcLight Hollywood and revolutionizing the moviegoing experience, ArcLight Cinemas, created by Pacific Theaters, opens its doors in San Diego at the newly renovated Westfield UTC. ArcLight La Jolla, the company’s first theater outside the Greater Los Angeles market and its fifth overall, focuses on creating an atmosphere of care and respect, where films are seen as the filmmaker intended and enjoyed by moviegoers without hassles or disruption.
“We’ve spent ten years perfecting the concept of a hassle-free moviegoing experience and are so proud to be opening our doors to a community of such avid movie lovers. Once you visit ArcLight La Jolla, you won’t want to see a movie anywhere else.”
“Since 2002, our mission has been to create a place where people can enjoy going to the movies to escape from everyday life and immerse themselves in the film,” said Gretchen McCourt, executive vice president, cinema programming. “We’ve spent ten years perfecting the concept of a hassle-free moviegoing experience and are so proud to be opening our doors to a community of such avid movie lovers. Once you visit ArcLight La Jolla, you won’t want to see a movie anywhere else.”
The new 14-screen 1,800-seat cinema features ArcLight Cinema’s signature amenities including:
- All Reserved Seating: ArcLight’s reserved seating lets moviegoers pick where they want to sit before even walking into the theatre, eliminating lines and a mad rush to save seats. Guests can reserve seats online and print their tickets at home for free, or buy tickets through our iPhone app, or at our wireless box office.
- Fewer Disruptions: ArcLight has created a disruption-free viewing environment by placing a heavy emphasis on common courtesy in auditoriums with no late seating, talking or cell phone use when programming is on screen. ArcLight La Jolla is the only advertising-free theater in San Diego, with no commercials before movies and a limited number of trailers, so your movie begins shortly after the advertised show time.
- Membership Rewards: ArcLight offers a free membership program where members get $1.00 off each ticket purchased online and the ability to redeem points for purchases at the cafe, bar, gift shop, or for tickets.
- State-of-the-Art Sight and Sound: ArcLight auditoriums have a "black box" design that provides the best, undistracted viewing experience, features the best in sight and sound technology, and allows guests to watch the movie as the filmmakers intended them to be seen. Also featured in one of the auditoriums is the Dolby® Atmos™ sound system, which delivers audiences a more natural and realistic soundfield, transporting them into the story with a lifelike sensory experience.
- Café, Bar, Concessions and Exhibits: ArcLight enhances the moviegoing experience with additional features, including a sit-down café featuring items exclusively sourced from local vendors alongside quality, classic movie-theater concessions including popcorn made with real butter as well as our famous caramel corn, made-on-premises. For guest’s enjoyment, ArcLight La Jolla also showcases feature exhibits from current movies showing -- from video arcade games for “Wreck it Ralph” to costumes worn by Kiera Knightly in “Anna Karenina.”
- Unique Programming: From “Skyfall” to “Silver Linings Playbook” and “Anna Karenina,” ArcLight La Jolla has 14 screens offering a wide variety of today’s biggest hits to yesterday’s loved programs, offering something for everyone.
About ArcLight Cinemas
ArcLight Cinemas, created by Pacific Theatres, represents an evolution in the movie going experience. ArcLight Cinemas with locations in Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, Pasadena, El Segundo and La Jolla, offers an unprecedented combination of technology, amenities, comfort, and customer service. Facilities include the historic Cinerama Dome (only at the Hollywood location) and state-of-the-art “black box” auditoriums as well as a café bar and a cinema-focused gift shop. Tickets can be purchased online without a fee and printed at home and at the theaters’ automated ticketing kiosks. For more information about ArcLight visit www.arclightcinemas.com.