BOCA RATON, Fla.--(infographic forecasts the shopping trends of the season along with what everyone can expect from retail marketing. It shows how digital will drive the direction of holiday shopping as Americans spend more of their time and money online.)--While shoppers hit stores in search of 2012’s must-have gifts, marketers are concerned with spotting the top trends of the holiday shopping season. Fortunately, there’s a surprise in store for retail marketers seeking the Christmas marketing trends of 2012. MDG Advertising’s latest
“To illustrate 2012’s strong digital dynamic, our infographic features facts and figures to help marketers make the most of their holiday marketing”
“To illustrate 2012’s strong digital dynamic, our infographic features facts and figures to help marketers make the most of their holiday marketing,” said Joanne Del Gigante, MDG’s vice president. “It covers the promotional strategies of online retailers, the rise of mobile browsing before buying, and the state of shopping in the digital age.”
MDG’s infographic also provides insight into what to expect from holiday shoppers, sellers, and sales, as seen in these stunning statistics:
- The holidays came early this year as 42 percent of retailers launched their Christmas advertising campaigns in October.
- 40 percent of holiday shoppers plan to use their mobile devices as virtual malls, whether to browse for merchandise, compare prices, or read online reviews before making a purchase.
- In 2012, 98 percent of holiday shoppers plan to do some of their buying online and two-thirds of Americans expect to complete most or all of their shopping online.
- Tablets top everyone’s holiday wish list with half of all consumers wanting one, and one-third of this year’s tablet buyers getting them for themselves.
- Social media is gaining ground for holiday marketing this year as nearly half of marketers significantly increased their holiday ad spend on Facebook while almost 30 percent substantially raised their advertising investment on Twitter.
- This year’s holiday shopping will go beyond the holidays as consumers search for post-season savings, which means that advertisers must extend their marketing strategies to attract these deal-seeking shoppers and increase their seasonal sales.
View the infographic at http://www.mdgadvertising.com/blog/holiday-trends-marketers-cant-ignore-infographic/.
About MDG Advertising
Founded in 1999, MDG Advertising has established a leading reputation for developing targeted and integrated 360° marketing solutions. The agency’s growth directly results from its solid branding and media-buying strategies, award-winning creative, innovative Web design and development, and effective digital and social media marketing. Clients benefiting from a competitive advantage developed by MDG include: The Breakers Palm Beach, Dental Care Alliance, IBM Southeast Employees’ Federal Credit Union, The Seagate Hotel & Spa, Carls Patio, Brain Balance Achievement Centers, South Florida Fair, MDVIP, Round Hill Hotel and Villas, TooJay’s Gourmet Deli, Upfront Foods, Signature Consultants, World Fuel Services, Benetrends, Max Planck Florida Institute, and HCA East Florida.
For more information, visit www.mdgadvertising.com.