MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(NCP engineering today announced that it has been named a finalist in the Best IPsec / SSL VPN category of the esteemed 2013 SC Magazine Reader Trust Awards. The awards program honors security products and services deemed best-in-class by SC Magazine’s tech-savvy audience.)--
“We are thrilled to be a part of SC Magazine’s prestigious awards program for the second consecutive year”
The NCP Secure Enterprise Management (SEM) 3.0 system was selected for its ability to provide unparalleled flexibility and security to enterprises and end users. NCP’s software solution not only provides a single point of network administration that allows IT staff to easily control their company’s entire IPsec and SSL VPN network, but also contains powerful, advanced authentication capabilities.
- The NCP SEM 3.0 system significantly reduces a company’s risk profile related to complex or badly-managed technology. With the technology, one administrator is able to centrally support 10,000+ secure remote users through all phases, and update rule-sets based on individual users’ devices and network connections.
- Built around the all-new NCP Advanced Authentication, the NCP SEM 3.0 elevates the security of the entire NCP Secure Enterprise Solution, which is also comprised of a VPN client suite and hybrid IPsec/SSL VPN gateway. The NCP Advanced Authentication eliminates the need for third-party solutions by enabling Two-Factor Authentication with a One-Time Password that users receive via SMS.
- Administrators are also able to provision and configure their enterprises’ VPN clients, dynamic personal firewalls and remote access VPN gateway, as well as manage certificates and software updates with the NCP SEM 3.0. Its remote access monitoring capabilities help prevent “bandwidth hogging” and wireless data consumption fees.
- Winners of the 2013 SC Magazine Reader Trust Awards will be announced at a gala dinner and awards ceremony on February 26, 2013 in San Francisco.
- “We are thrilled to be a part of SC Magazine’s prestigious awards program for the second consecutive year,” said Patrick Oliver Graf, general manager, Americas, NCP engineering. “This honor reflects the market demand that we’re hearing from customers for a management console that streamlines the tasks of remote access management to a few clicks and still provides complete visibility of their IPsec and SSL VPN networks.”
- For more about NCP engineering and its remote access VPN management system, please visit www.ncp-e.com.
- Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, or on LinkedIn, Twitter, or YouTube.
NCP engineering, SC Magazine, awards, security, remote access, IPsec, SSL, VPN, authentication, Two-Factor Authentication, One-Time Password, NCP Secure Enterprise Management, client, gateway, SMS
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.