LAS VEGAS--(ACCESS CO., LTD, a global provider of advanced software technologies to the mobile, beyond-PC and digital TV markets, will be showcasing market-leading solutions for multiscreen DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) media sharing, advanced WebKit-based HTML5 browser, and a social TV-driven OTT video platform at 2013 International CES.)--
“ACCESS is delivering connected confidence for operators. ACCESS’ ‘studio confident’ DLNA solutions provide the extra security content owners and studios need to safely allow their content to be shared throughout the home”
ACCESS will host demonstrations at its hospitality suite in the Bellagio hotel. The various advanced software solutions ACCESS will demonstrate include:
- NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0: The latest version of its DLNA Technology Component™ solution enables device manufacturers and OEMs to quickly and efficiently implement services that enable Premium Video sharing and remote access to their entire home media library. Further demonstrations will show the integration of Smart Home functionality for home control such as lights, doorbells, etc. and how NetFront Living Connect enables Premium Video Recorders to share movies securely with secondary devices.
- ACCESS™ MediaPilot: This solution enables seamless access, sharing and control of digital media between any local network connected device in a home network including playback of DTCP-IP protected content. The demonstration will include seamless integration with cloud-based content delivery networks (CDN).
- NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0 and Verimatrix ViewRight: The new studio-confident, media-sharing business model for operators provides PVR virtualization via Remote User Interface and DLNA Premium Video, DLNA/DTCP-IP and Verimatrix CAS protected media-sharing inside the home.
- NetFront™ Browser NX DTV Profile: This TV-centric browser supports HTML5, HbbTV and BBC iPlayer in one package. It provides other powerful user interfaces including browser used as HTML5 UI engine and application platform to run magnificent set-top box UIs and services from pay TV operators. Compared with regular WebKit browsers, NetFront Browser NX shows great advantages in supporting TV-related standards such as HbbTV 1.5 and CE-HTML and features outstanding graphical rendering performance. This browser is a market-proven modular, extremely high-performance, scalable, upgradeable, platform-independent software solution that is ideal for DTVs, set-top boxes, and Blu-ray Disc™ players.
- ACCESS™MyTV is an open, multiscreen social video platform for operators’ and consumers’ connected devices, which allows for the personalization and monetization of premium web content, games and apps. The solution leverages the consumption of web video to create new revenue opportunities for content providers, consumer electronics device manufacturers and service providers.
“ACCESS is delivering connected confidence for operators. ACCESS’ ‘studio confident’ DLNA solutions provide the extra security content owners and studios need to safely allow their content to be shared throughout the home,” said Kiyo Oishi, chairman and CEO, ACCESS Systems Americas and ACCESS Europe. “All these solutions will be underpinned by exciting new innovations across all multiscreen media-sharing, HTML5 and OTT/social TV platforms.”
At CES, ACCESS is also announcing launch of NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0, its powerful and advanced WebKit-based browser. This browser targets next-generation multiscreen applications in consumer electronics, broadcasting, in-car systems, communications, and other sectors, features significant enhancements for HTML5 support and performance.
To schedule a first-hand demonstration of these multiscreen solutions during 2013 International CES, please contact ACCESS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to editors: If you would like to meet with an ACCESS spokesperson at CES, please contact Ursula Herrick of Herrick Media (Ursula@herrickmedia.com, 408-202-0865) or Sally Douglas of Platform PR (email@example.com,+44 (0)20 7486 4900).
ACCESS CO., LTD. is a global provider of advanced software solutions and services that enable operators, device manufacturers, content owners and consumers to make the most of today’s multi-screen, connected world. It provides software for mobiles, smartphones and tablets, connected TVs and set-top boxes in the connected home, automotive, digital publishing and networking markets. ACCESS solutions have shipped in over one billion devices around the world. Its product portfolio includes the NetFront™ Software Series and the ZebOS® network platform, providing customers faster time-to-market, flexibility and customizability; the ACCESSTM Digital Publishing Ecosystem for cloud-based, cross-platform digital publishing and the NetAd mobile advertising platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, the company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Mothers’ Index, 4813) and operates subsidiaries and affiliates in Asia, Europe and the United States. www.access-company.com.
© 2013 ACCESS CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
ACCESS, the ACCESS logo, and NetFront are registered trademarks or trademarks of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. ZebOS is either a registered trademark or trademark of IP Infusion Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.