NEPTUNE, N.J.--()--Excelsior Medical Corporation announced that it has signed an agreement with Evoluzione S.r.l. to distribute Excelsior’s catheter maintenance product line (SwabCap® and SwabFlush®) in Italy. Based in Rome, Evoluzione S.r.l. specializes in development and distribution of innovative medical devices.
“There is excellent synergy between Excelsior Medical and Evoluzione S.r.l. in our missions and in the way we approach the marketplace”
Excelsior products were formally introduced to the Italian market this month at VI PICC Day, an international meeting held in Naples that focused on peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs) and midline catheters. VI PICC Day was organized by GAVeCeLT, Italy’s leading association concerned with long term vascular access devices.
“There is excellent synergy between Excelsior Medical and Evoluzione S.r.l. in our missions and in the way we approach the marketplace,” said Tony Saia, Vice President of Global Marketing at Excelsior Medical. “Both companies focus on devices that help nurses deliver safer care to patients while also achieving improved outcomes.”
Evoluzione Dispositivi Medici was founded in 2009 by Enrico de Lutio and Giovanni Greco, two individuals with extensive experience in the sales and marketing of vascular access devices.
Excelsior Medical is dedicated to the development of high-quality products for intraluminal catheter care, including products to help clinicians reduce the risk of infection. These products include:
* SwabCap, an evidence-based disinfection cap designed to disinfect the top and threads of IV luer-lock needleless connectors with 70% isopropyl alcohol when attached to the connector hub. Left in place on the connector between line accesses, SwabCap also protects the connector from touch and airborne contamination.
* SwabFlush is the only saline flush syringe that has a built-in disinfection cap. SwabFlush features a SwabCap built into its plunger, so it is conveniently available to nurses after they flush an IV line. SwabFlush was developed to improve compliance with disinfection cap use.
* SwabKIT®, which like SwabFlush is designed to improve compliance with disinfection cap use, packages a SwabCap with a flush syringe so it is readily available at the point of care.
* Study of SwabCap use by a four-hospital health system
* Scientific poster about SwabKIT use at a New York hospital
* Scientific poster showing how combination of SwabCap with flush syringe nearly doubled compliance with disinfection cap use
* Scientific poster about SwabCap use with a vulnerable pediatric patient population
About Excelsior Medical Corp.
Excelsior Medical Corporation is a privately held medical device company with a primary focus on innovative catheter maintenance products that may reduce infection, medication errors and healthcare costs. The company manufactures and sells SwabCap, SwabKIT and SwabFlush for the disinfection and protection of IV needleless connectors. Formed in 1989, Excelsior also manufactures and sells prefilled saline flush syringes, prefilled heparin flush and lock syringes, and syringe pump systems to customers throughout the world.
For more information, call 800-487-4276 or access www.excelsiormedical.com.