PALO ALTO, Calif.--()--Revel Touch, a technology innovator in mobile commerce, today announced the launch of the Gymboree iPad app powered by Revel Touch. Created with the Revel Touch Merchandising Suite, the new tablet experience provides immersive, touch-first access to Gymboree’s unique, head-to-toe outfits for children. The app introduces new ways to explore and purchase the brand's high-quality clothing and accessories, and includes a Create an Outfit tool and interactive Look Book. The look and feel of the shopping experience uniquely reflects the fashion and fun of the Gymboree brand.
“The data shows that shoppers have embraced tablets as their preferred way to connect with the products – and brands – they love”
"Gymboree is well known as offering the most unique, age-appropriate outfits for kids and our iPad app brings the best of our brand and new technology together. With Revel Touch, we were able to create an experience that is inspiring, fun and relevant for our customers while also being scalable, cost-effective and simple for us to maintain,” said Beth Gumm, Vice President, ecommerce.
The scalable, robust Revel Touch Merchandising Suite is built from the ground up to support retail and e-tail brands, and offers full customization and flexibility to accommodate any brand and business goals.
Through Revel Touch, the Gymboree app debuts several new touch-first capabilities, including:
- Create an Outfit: New functionality enables users to shop based on gender, age, and size as well as upload a picture to personalize each child’s profile. A touch-enabled interface allows shoppers to create an outfit that matches their favorite tops with coordinating bottoms, and sweaters or outerwear as well as accessories including socks, shoes, and hats – making it easy to create unique, head-to-toe outfits for kids of all ages. Once the outfit is created, users can buy, save or share the looks they love with friends and family.
- Look Book: Beautiful, shopable image galleries provide inspiration for app users, who can browse to gather ideas or purchase, share or save any items directly from the pages.
- Shop by Category: For customers who want a quick and focused experience, the app will also feature more traditional category shopping organized by the child’s gender and life-stage.
- Comprehensive ecommerce: All the functionality users expect from their online shopping experience is represented within the app, including a viewable shopping cart, search functionality and the ability to purchase directly from the app, making shopping easy and efficient.
"The data shows that shoppers have embraced tablets as their preferred way to connect with the products – and brands – they love," said Mar Hershenson, founder of Revel Touch. “Our touch-first design, turnkey solution and flexible architecture allow retailers in any vertical to keep pace with consumers. The platform offers inspiring tablet experiences that engage users and drive sales – while keeping cost and effort to a minimum. The Gymboree brand is synonymous with fun, high-end children’s apparel, and that has translated wonderfully to their app. We couldn’t be happier to be their partner in this effort.”
Designed for easy use by a marketer or merchandiser, the Revel Touch platform features:
- Turnkey solution that leverages existing brand assets, photography and social content for fast publishing to an interactive and engaging touch shopping experience. This ensures rapid deployment and easy updates as the business demands.
- Flexible platform that is totally customizable to a retailer's unique look, feel and business objectives – as apps or HTML5 browser experiences.
- Integration with existing ecommerce systems, product feeds and APIs to ensure that shoppers can always browse, search and purchase in-stock items.
- Sophisticated data gathering and intelligence allowing for a personalized shopping experience and rich customer insights.
- More information on Revel Touch solutions is available here.
- Connect with Revel Touch on Facebook and Twitter for updates and news.
About The Gymboree Corporation
The Gymboree Corporation's specialty retail brands offer unique, high-quality products delivered with personalized customer service. As of October 27, 2012, the Company operated a total of 1,228 retail stores, as follows: 634 Gymboree® stores (consisting of 586 in the United States, 41 in Canada, 1 in Puerto Rico and 6 in Australia), 156 Gymboree Outlet stores, 130 Janie and Jack® shops and 308 Crazy 8® stores in the United States. The Company also operates three online stores at www.gymboree.com, www.janieandjack.com and www.crazy8.com, and offers directed parent-child developmental play programs at 714 franchised and Company-operated Gymboree Play & Music® centers in the United States and 42 other countries.
About Revel Touch
Revel Touch is a technology innovator that is defining mobile ecommerce for retailers and consumers by putting touch first in architecture and design. Revel Touch's Merchandising Suite provides a lush, touch-optimized shopping environment for the tablet, whether as apps or HTML5 browser experiences. The platform integrates with brands' existing ecommerce systems to quickly extend their footprint to their fastest-growing channels, and is designed from the ground up to be extremely quick and easy for a brand to deploy, update and customize. The company, which serves brands ranging from Anthropologie to Conde Nast’s Lucky Magazine to Design Within Reach is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California. For more information, please visit www.reveltouch.com.