LAS VEGAS & STERLING, Va.--(2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, N.E.W. Customer Service Companies (NEW), the leading global provider of extended service plans and product care, will share insight into NEW’s fully managed service experience and recent innovations that are driving Grade A consumer satisfaction ratings, earning an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and building loyalty for leading retailers. Also, NEW will share data on how increasingly smarter, more fragile and more mobile technology is posing increasingly greater challenges for consumers in cost and feasibility of repairs.)--From the
“Best Use of Technology in Customer Service”
“We understand how the wants and needs of consumers are changing, and we are offering services that fit the consumers’ lifestyle, delivering support when they want it and through the channels they prefer,” said Tony Nader, president and CEO of NEW. “We are well aware of the critical role electronic devices play in our lives today. In response, we have built a seamless, branded service experience, engaging our people, processes and proprietary technology to ensure consumers are satisfied at every touch point throughout their product ownership experience.”
As a result of NEW’s technology innovations, the company and its network have been able to reduce overall turn times for consumers, which has garnered tremendous customer satisfaction. In 2012, out of nearly 1 million customers, 94 percent ranked NEW customer support 4.7 out of 5 stars. In many cases, these consumers encountered a replacement, depot or in-home service experience and they had the ability to manage their experience via Web or by calling one of NEW’s 24/7, U.S.-based call centers.
Consumers are on the go
According to eMarketer, there were an estimated 115.8 million smartphone users in the U.S. by the end of 2012, and that number is expected to grow to 176.3 million by 2015. To better service mobile and online consumers, NEW has enhanced communication touch points throughout the consumer experience. In 2012, NEW launched more than 40 retail-branded care portals, making it even easier for consumers to connect with retailers, file claims and get important information through a number of enhancements, including:
- Quick and easy login — use Facebook/Google credentials.
- Paperless — upload and save product receipts rather than filing away hard copies.
- Real-time updates — check status of claim(s).
Registration for these portals has nearly doubled since 2011. For consumers who don’t have time to log in to a portal, NEW also issues email status updates throughout the entire claim process via its innovative communication gateway technology, which launched in early 2012.
Partnering with the servicer
NEW has built the largest servicer network in the country, with more than 35,000 vetted and screened product repair and service partners. When it comes to service, particularly with electronic devices, consumers want a quick solution. This is specifically why NEW has provided its network with tools and technology to deliver an exceptional experience in the field.
NEW’s servicer network has access to proprietary technology including:
- ServiceBench®, a subsidiary of NEW, is the premier provider of integrated service management solutions used by the world’s leading manufacturers and retailers to manage in- and out-of-warranty service events. In 2012, ServiceBench went mobile, enabling servicers to provide NEW with real-time service updates and improving the customer service experience. Further features and enhancements to ServiceBench are set to be announced by spring of 2013.
- NEW’s Online Parts Portal sources parts from more than 15 top parts distributors into one location, providing NEW and its servicers greater access to a variety of hard-to-find parts, which is a growing trend in the industry.
- NEW Command Center combines people, technology and processes to track and monitor service events and correct or influence the service event before it reaches a delayed status. This team communicates with the service network and facilitates access to parts. In 2012, NEW received a Gold Stevie® in “Best Use of Technology in Customer Service” for its Command Center system.
NEW, together with its affiliates and member companies, is the leading global provider of extended service plans, buyer protection services and product support, providing coverage to more than 150 million consumers around the world. Founded in 1983, with headquarters in Sterling, Va., NEW provides award-recognized post-sale consumer care for leading retailers, consumer service providers, wireless carriers and financial services firms across North America. NEW delivers a comprehensive customer care solution that begins on day one of the product purchase and extends through the end of the product life cycle. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. For more information, please visit NEW at http://www.newcorp.com, or call 1-800 WHAT’S NEW (1-800-942-8763).