COLOGNE, Germany--()--BrainDistrict GmbH today released version 1.5 of its photo editor and paint program, PaintSupreme. Already one of the fastest editors on the market, this new version is even faster, making users more productive.
“so making it simple to import user-created filters into PaintSupreme was critical for us.”
Much of the increased speed comes from improvements in handling transformations such as rotation and scaling. Users will see faster performance when operating on an entire layer or on a selected area. Drawing tools operate faster in this new version also, giving users a smoother, more flowing experience. These changes combined with several incremental speed improvements let users spend more time creating and less time waiting, no matter what size image they are working on.
PaintSupreme features the seamless integration of filters and effects created in BrainDistrict’s IFX-Supreme product. With V1.5, users can load new filters and effects created in IFX-Supreme directly into PaintSupreme and immediately drag-and-drop them onto their photos. “Our mission is to let our users focus on being creative while we handle the details,” said Markus Mönig, BrainDistrict’s Founder and Managing Director, “so making it simple to import user-created filters into PaintSupreme was critical for us.”
The user experience in V1.5 has been enhanced with brighter text and a cleaner layout, making it easier to use and simplifying navigation. Other new features and major improvements include:
- Red Eye removal tool which removes the red-eye effect caused by flash photography with a click;
- Shortcuts for the Vector tool making vector image manipulation quicker and easier;
- Increased sensitivity for the Bucket tool so users have more flexibility and control in choosing the area to which they apply an effect;
- Faster switching between layers so changes appear instantly as you move from one layer to another;
- Dramatically increased font size range for the Text tool, up to 1000 pixels from 99 in V1.1, allowing users to create letters as large as the image window itself;
- Improvements to the operation of the Crop and Clone Stamp tools that make them easier to use.
PaintSupreme V1.5 is available from the Mac App Store and BrainDistrict.com at the special introductory price of $9.99 (regular price $19.99). Current registered users of PaintSupreme can download the new version for free at BrainDistrict.com.
BrainDistrict develops leading-edge software for creating 2D and 3D graphics. Its current products include PaintSupreme, a photo editing & paint program, IFX-Supreme, a photo filter & effect creation program, and HelpSupreme, a help file & user manual development program. BrainDistrict will release a set of 3D applications early in 2013. Specializing in pushing technological boundaries, the company previously developed award winning technology for video encoding that was licensed by major companies including Adobe and Sony and incorporated into market leading products.
For downloadable screenshots of PaintSupreme V1.5, see http://www.braindistrict.com/en/products/paintsupreme/screenshots