NEW YORK--()--As investors map out their strategies for 2013, Bloomberg will convene key financial players at the Bloomberg Global Markets Summit to offer insights on investment trends and opportunities for the year ahead. The one day summit will be held on January 17 at the Council on Foreign Relations in partnership with Foreign Affairs magazine.
“Given our extensive coverage of the economic and political trends that shape global markets, Foreign Affairs is a natural partner to host this event with Bloomberg”
Speakers from both the public and private sectors will look beyond the fiscal cliff to assess how fiscal and monetary policy will continue to drive global markets, what leading and lagging economic indicators are saying about the recovery, how Europe continues to impact the markets, and what strategies top investors are planning to put to work in 2013.
“Our first Global Markets Summit will offer keen insights on investment strategies and opportunities from the market leaders who influence it every day,” said Robert Bierman, head of Bloomberg LINK. “In the wake of the fiscal cliff controversy, the Summit will examine the impact of the legislative deal, as well as other significant factors affecting the markets.”
The summit will showcase one-on-one discussions and panels featuring Bloomberg News journalists, Foreign Affairs authors, and market movers including:
- Dennis P. Lockhart, President and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- David McCormick, Co-President, Bridgewater Associates L.P.; Former Under Secretary for International Affairs, U.S. Department of the Treasury
Additionally, the following three speakers will each share one major idea on which investors can capitalize:
- Mary L. Cahill, Vice President of Investments and Chief Investment Officer, Emory University
- Deepak Narula, Founder and Managing Partner, Metacapital Management LLC
- Dinakar Singh, Founder and CEO, TPG-Axon Capital Management, L.P.
“Given our extensive coverage of the economic and political trends that shape global markets, Foreign Affairs is a natural partner to host this event with Bloomberg,” said Lynda Hammes, Publisher of Foreign Affairs. “As the economic environment becomes increasingly complex, we provide a much-needed deep analytical context for financial leaders and decision-makers.” Foreign Affairs editor Gideon Rose will also give remarks.
Additional key speakers include:
- Mark Attanasio, Managing Partner and Co-Founder, Crescent Capital Group
- Marion C. Blakey, President and CEO, Aerospace Industries Association (AIA); Former Administrator, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- David M. Blitzer, Managing Director and Chairman of the Index Committee, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Laszlo Birinyi, President, Birinyi Associates, Inc.
- Louis V. Crandall, Chief Economist, Wrightson ICAP, LLC
- Terrence A. Duffy, Executive Chairman and President, CME Group
- William O’Brien, Chief Executive Officer, Direct Edge
- Athanasios Orphanides, Senior Lecturer, MIT Sloan School of Management; Former Governor, Central Bank of Cyprus; Former Member, Governing Council, European Central Bank
- Wilbur L. Ross Jr., Chairman and CEO, WL Ross & Co. LLC
- Alan D. Schwartz, Executive Chairman, Guggenheim Partners, LLC
UMB Fund Services is a sponsor of the Summit.
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/markets
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@BBGLINK). The hashtag for this event is #BBmkts.
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bringing the power of Bloomberg to the executive conference business, Bloomberg LINK produces invitation-only, in-person gatherings that combine world-class editorial programming with peer-to-peer networking amongst the who’s who in influential communities. In this environment, participants engage in open discussions that lead to learning from each other’s expertise and experience. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Since its founding in 1922, Foreign Affairs has been the leading forum for serious discussion of international affairs. Experts from across the political spectrum offer timely and incisive analysis on the most crucial issues affecting foreign policy and the global economy. The magazine is published by the Council on Foreign Relations, a non-profit and nonpartisan membership organization dedicated to improving the understanding of U.S. foreign policy and international affairs through the free exchange of ideas. In addition to publishing print and digital versions of the magazine for a paid audience of 177,000, Foreign Affairs provides daily content on ForeignAffairs.com, hosts a video interview series online, organizes high-level panel events with editors and authors, and engages with readers on robust social media channels. Foreign Affairs is proud to be a media partner at this special Bloomberg LINK event.