LOS ANGELES--()--Webalo, Inc., today announced survey results confirming that a “mobile revolution” is taking place as employees demand mobile access to the enterprise beyond basic email and calendaring. The survey reflects responses from more than 1,000 business executives.
“The survey results indicate that companies are at serious risk of falling behind their competition unless they can provide employees with secure, mobile access to the enterprise”
Nearly half of respondents (45 percent) need mobile access to “management reports and spreadsheets” to improve their productivity, but nearly two thirds (64 percent) say security is a “top concern” when granting mobile access.
The results suggest both a significant lost opportunity for companies that want to improve employee productivity, and the lack of enterprise mobility capabilities could result in an inability to attract and retain top talent.
- The Mobile Revolution: More than 50% of companies say they allow mobile enterprise access because “users are demanding it”
- Mobile Data Access Drives Productivity: 98% of employees say that mobile access to enterprise data would improve productivity
- Security Remains a Top Concern: 64% of companies say that the security of enterprise data is the “top concern” when granting enterprise access from a mobile device
- In-house Control: 79% of companies prefer to manage mobile enterprise access through their own in-house IT professionals
- Mobility Across Devices: 59% of respondents want mobile enterprise access on a smartphone; 32% on tablets; 9% on laptops and net books
“The survey results indicate that companies are at serious risk of falling behind their competition unless they can provide employees with secure, mobile access to the enterprise,” said Peter Price, Webalo’s CEO. “We are in the midst of a mobile revolution that will continue to accelerate into 2013 as employees grow increasingly comfortable working on smartphones and tablets, and demand mobile access to enterprise information beyond just email and calendar applications.”
“In 2013, mobile devices will begin to reach their full potential as employees rely on them for a wide range of mission critical enterprise tasks such as checking inventory, updating customer information, monitoring sales, or facilitating thousands of other ‘long tail’ interactions that until recently required a desktop or laptop computer,” said Price. “New enterprise mobility technologies, especially those like Webalo that provide enterprise-to-mobile capabilities in minutes without adding to IT’s responsibilities, will combine with sustained pressure from employees themselves to drive fundamental changes in the workplace in 2013, changing how and where enterprise information is accessed.”
- The survey – conducted online from November 29 to December 6 – generated responses from more than 1,000 executives in a cross section of industries, company sizes, job titles, and job functions.
- View our Infographic: Survey Results Depicting the “Mobile Revolution”
- Get Started: Create a Free Webalo Account
- Whitepaper: The App For Enterprise™.
Webalo is enterprise mobility the way it was meant to be – easy, fast, and affordable. It can be configured in minutes to deliver secure, interactive, bi-directional, transactional mobile access to the enterprise applications and data employees rely on to do their jobs – all for pennies an app. It’s 100x faster than traditional mobile application development, a fraction of the cost, and simple enough for anyone to master. Webalo reduces the burden on IT, lowers overhead (by eliminating development software, coding, consultants, and technologies for managing and distributing mobile apps), extends the value of enterprise applications, and leverages the power of smartphones and tablets. For more information, please visit www.webalo.com