LIMERICK, Pa.--()--Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX), a leading global provider of medical devices for critical care and surgery, will showcase anesthesia and vascular products and educational programs that are designed to help healthcare professionals in their goal towards achieving zero complications at the Teleflex Booth 1001 during the Society of Critical Care Medicine, January 19-23, 2013 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Teleflex will highlight:
- The Teleflex® ISIS® HVT™, the first convertible endotracheal tube, which features an integrated suction port and separate suction line allowing for subglottic secretion suctioning on demand. Now clinicians can be free from the burden of choosing which tube is best for the patient at the time of intubation. When needed, a separate suction line can be attached to the ISIS HVT Endotracheal Tube via a secure locking connection. This versatile design allows for use of one endotracheal tube to meet the needs of patients requiring both short- and long-term ventilation.
- The LMA® MADomizer® is a simple, effective delivery system for topical anesthetics, vasoconstrictors and other nasal or oral medications. The MADomizer design allows targeted delivery of exact drug doses to the nasal and oral mucosa. Its unique pump design and disposable tip also completely eliminate the risk of patient cross contamination that can occur with compressed air atomizers.1 The LMA MADomizer is a single use device which allows for exact dosing, the clinician can choose medication or mix of medications, offers targeted delivery with a fine mist and has a bendable stylette.
- ARROW® VPS® is a central venous catheter tip location and navigation technology that allows real-time accurate confirmation of placement of peripherally inserted central catheters and central venous catheters. The ARROW® VPS® is indicated for use as an alternative method to fluoroscopy or chest X-ray for central venous catheter tip placement confirmation in adult patients when a steady “Blue Bullseye” is obtained. NOTE: If a steady “Blue Bullseye” is not obtained, standard hospital practice should be followed to confirm catheter tip location.
- The ARROW® ErgoPack® System is an ergonomic packaging system for vascular access procedures designed to efficiently facilitate compliance with best practices, evidence-based medicine, guidelines and recommendations from organizations to reduce the risk of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI).
- The ARROW® PICC with Chlorag+ard® technology provides complete intra- and extra-luminal protection from tip to hub by reducing bacterial and fungal colonization by 99.99% and reducing thrombus accumulation on catheter surfaces by 61% for at least 30 days.2
In addition, Teleflex will offer:
- In-booth Education for attendees at the Teleflex booth (#1001). Teleflex is proud to offer education in Airway Management/Respiratory Therapy and Vascular Access. The Airway Management/Respiratory Therapy education will focus on the prevention of Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP); the Vascular Access education will focus on CVC insertion complications simulation, catheter malposition and prevention of arterial line infection.
- Hands-On Educational Opportunities at the Teleflex booth (#1001). SCCM Congress participants can practice CVC insertion on a computer simulator that is part of Teleflex’s Ultrasound-Guided CVC Insertion Course.
For more information on Teleflex’s anesthesia and vascular access products, as well as its educational programs, visit www.teleflex.com.
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a leading global provider of specialty medical devices for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. Our mission is to provide solutions that enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety. Headquartered in Limerick, PA, Teleflex employs approximately 11,100 people worldwide and serves healthcare providers in more than 130 countries. Additional information about Teleflex can be obtained from the company's website at teleflex.com.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on our management's current beliefs and expectations, but are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, which may cause actual results or company actions to differ materially from what is expressed or implied by these statements. These risks and uncertainties are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Teleflex, Arrow, ErgoPack, Chlorag+ard, ISIS, HVT, LMA, MADomizer and VPS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates. ©2013 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved. 2012-1500
- Wolfe, T., Are You Inadvertently Cross-Contaminating Patients in Your Practice?, Ear, Nose, and Throat Journal
- Data on File, Teleflex Incorporated