HILLSBORO, Ore.--(Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), a leading provider of embedded wireless infrastructure solutions, today announced that its Trillium® TOTALeNodeB™ has been awarded the Mobility Tech Zone 2012 LTE Visionary Award for its demonstration of planning and vision in delivering progressive wireless broadband services. Radisys’ TOTALeNodeB small cell solution enables operators to meet their network capacity constraints while allowing Telecom Equipment Manufacturers to cut their small cell development time in half. In addition, the company has released an iPad version of its Trillium poster, a mainstay technical resource in the telecommunications industry for the past twenty years.)--
“Radisys’ achievement in advancing 4G through LTE development is impressive, and as such, they are selected as recipient of the Mobility Tech Zone LTE Visionary Award”
Radisys’ award-winning Trillium TOTALeNodeB is a complete software
solution that reduces the typical product development time by 50
percent and markedly simplifies the development and integration of LTE
- Integrated and system verified with leading small cell System on a Chip (SoC) platforms, providing an off-the-shelf deployment-ready implementation.
- Provided as a source code, it includes the Trillium LTE eNodeB application, radio resource management (RRM), radio environment monitoring (REM), self-organizing network (SON), schedulers and all of the Trillium protocol layers.
Radisys’ Trillium small cell software has proven critical to the
advancement of small cell deployments around the world.
- Deployed in the world’s first LTE small cell networks with South Korea Telecom and Korea Telecom.
- Engaged in 15 active small cell trials and deployments.
- Secured more than 60 LTE customer wins.
- Named Best Enabling Technology by the Small Cell Forum and recognized by leading mobile operators as a Fierce Innovation Award Finalist in addition to the LTE Visionary Award.
Radisys’ free iPad version of its world-famous Trillium Poster
provides an on-the-go visual roadmap of how wireless network elements
interconnect across various technology architectures.
- Enables users to access illustrations of standards-based network elements, interfaces and protocol stacks for a variety of telecommunications networks while on-the-go.
- Incorporates more than 145 network interfaces, an extensive industry glossary of acronyms, portrait and landscape orientation, pinching/zooming of network maps, a new video section, and the most cutting-edge LTE and small cell content.
- Free to download from the Radisys website or the iTunes store.
“We are pleased to receive this award as it validates our vision for the evolution of cellular networks and the role of the Heterogeneous Network, or HetNet, enabling operators to expand their network coverage with small cells to meet subscriber demands for bandwidth,” said Manish Singh, CTO, Radisys. “With TOTALeNodeB, we’ve supplied our TEM customers with an integrated small cell solution that minimizes their financial risk and accelerates time to market.”
“Radisys’ achievement in advancing 4G through LTE development is impressive, and as such, they are selected as recipient of the Mobility Tech Zone LTE Visionary Award,” said Carl Ford, co-founder and community developer, Crossfire Media. “Radisys is an innovator and one to watch for the next evolution of solutions.” Mobility Tech Zone is sponsored by TMC, a global integrated media company, and Crossfire Media, an integrated marketing company with a core focus on technology.
“By offering our powerful Trillium Poster tool in an app format, we’re able to share in an innovative way the depth and breadth of our communications expertise,” said Todd Mersch, director of product line management, Radisys. “Tens of thousands of executives, engineers, journalists, analysts and students worldwide can attest to the advantage of this eminent, industry-wide reference in wall chart form, and now they can take their trusted chart with them wherever they go.”
Radisys (NASDAQ: RSYS) is a leading provider of embedded wireless infrastructure solutions for telecom, aerospace, defense and public safety applications. Radisys' market-leading ATCA, IP Media Server and Com Express platforms coupled with world-renowned Trillium software, services and market expertise enable customers to bring high-value products and services to market faster with lower investment and risk. Radisys solutions are used in a wide variety of 3G & 4G / LTE mobile network applications including: Radio Access Networks (RAN) solutions from femtocells to picocells and macrocells, wireless core network applications, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and policy management; conferencing and media services including voice, video and data, as well as customized mobile network applications that support the aerospace, defense and public safety markets.
Radisys® and Trillium® are registered trademarks of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.