PETERBOROUGH, N.H.--(Pathology Institute 2013: Grow Your Practice in Turbulent Times: Pathology Business Models and Strategies that Work. This two-day event gathers a cadre of industry experts to analyze and provide practical solutions to some of the most pressing issues in today’s market, as well as how to proactively deal with in-sourcing of AP services, and forging successful business relationships with hospitals/health systems.)--G2 Intelligence and Laboratory Economics are joining forces once again February 28-March 1 at the Westin Beach Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to host
“Medicare payments for physicians remain frozen for another year. And, pathologists are still reeling from a devastating cut of 52% in the technical component payment for surgical pathology code 88305.”
“It’s a tough payment climate for pathology practices — and it won’t be getting any easier,” according to Dennis Weissman, event Co-chair and Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence. “Medicare payments for physicians remain frozen for another year. And, pathologists are still reeling from a devastating cut of 52% in the technical component payment for surgical pathology code 88305.”
“As pathology practices nationwide search for ways to deal with a series of government policies that could well have a devastating impact on their Medicare revenues in the year ahead, this unique event will once again bring together a distinguished faculty of pathology leaders who will provide in-depth insights and practical solutions,” says Jondavid Klipp, event Co-chair and President of Laboratory Economics.
G2 Managing Director Stephanie Murg adds, “Attendees with a particular interest in M&A transactions will also want to take advantage of the post-conference workshop, Understanding the New Climate for Buying, Selling, and Merging Pathology Groups. Our expert faculty will share key considerations and trends, best practices, and legal issues—and walk participants through a real deal from start to finish.”
Attendees will learn from physicians, lab executives, and other pathology leaders, through an exploration of key topics, including:
- Keynote: Staying Independent in the Age of Corporate Pathology: Views from Two of the Nation’s Leading Private Pathology Groups
- Keynote: The Emerging World of Accountable Care: Defining Pathology’s Role in a Value-Driven Market
- Using Information Technology to Grow Your Practice
- Tips for Developing a Professional Marketing Program for the Community Pathologist
- Critical Issues in Pathology Coding and Billing
- Key Issues for Pathology in 2013: Understanding the Impact to Your Practice
- Getting Down to Business: Evolving Contractual Arrangements Between Pathologists and Hospitals
- Taking Control of Your Economic Destiny: Practice Pathways for Pathology
- And more!
This year’s keynote speakers are:
- Karim E. Sirgi, M.D., Partner & President, UniPath, P.C.
- Vivek K. Khare, M.D., FCAP, Partner, Delta Pathology Group, LLC
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Laboratory Medicine, North Shore LIJ Health System; Chair, Department of Pathology, Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine
Distinguished faculty in attendance to include:
- Dan Angress, Chief Commercial Officer, PathCentral
- Philip Chen, M.D., Ph.D., Director of Pathology Informatics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- John D. Cochran M.D., FCAP, Chief Executive Officer, Chestatee Pathology Associates, PC
- Richard Cooper, Esq., Member, McDonald Hopkins
- John Hennegan, Vice President, Shore Capital Partners, LLC
- Christopher Jahnle, Managing Director, Haverford Healthcare Advisors
- Timothy Johnson, Managing Partner, England & Company
- Keith Kaplan, M.D., Chief Information Officer, Carolinas Pathology Group
- Lisa S. Lauer, Member, McDonald Hopkins
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- Tom Rehwald, Chief Financial Officer, InCyte Pathology
- Charles Roussel, Chief Executive Officer, The College of American Pathologists
- Ray Sukumar, M.D., Medical Director, Hematopathology, Doctors Pathology Services
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- F. Michael Walsh M.D., MBA, CPE, FCAP, FACPE (Distinguished), President, Consultants in Laboratory Medicine
Group discounts are available for 3 or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 973.718.4709 to facilitate your registration, or email jwatkins@G2Intelligence.com.
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.
About Laboratory Economics
Laboratory Economics is a monthly business newsletter focused on pathology and clinical labs.
Laboratory Economics is the brainchild of Jondavid Klipp, a nationally recognized expert on the business of laboratory medicine. His research has appeared in numerous business and trade publications including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Medical Laboratory Observer.
Laboratory Economics is also the publisher of The U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market: Forecast & Trends 2012.