CHICAGO--(www.jimmydean.com), America’s favorite traditional breakfast sausage brand*, announced today the roll out of several new savory product offerings across its frozen and refrigerated protein breakfast platforms. Taking the chill out of the mornings, the introduction of several new warm and satisfying breakfast offerings provide consumers with a wider variety of tasty options for starting their mornings off right.)--Timed to February’s celebration of National Hot Breakfast Month, Jimmy Dean® brand (
“Knowing that our consumers are rushed during the mornings and shouldn’t have to forego a hearty breakfast at home, we’ve expanded our line of frozen and refrigerated convenience breakfast offerings to make it easier for them to enjoy their favorite Jimmy Dean breakfast in minutes.”
Jimmy Dean Expands Popular Delights by Jimmy Dean™ Line, Including the Introduction of New Delights Flatbread Sandwiches
With consumers increasingly seeking out breakfast offerings that deliver on nutrition, convenience and taste, the Jimmy Dean brand is expanding its Delights by Jimmy Dean line of frozen breakfast options with the introduction of new Delights Flatbread Sandwiches. For under 300 calories, Delights by Jimmy Dean offer consumers a great-tasting breakfast without the guilt. Available in the frozen section of grocery stores nationwide, the newest additions to the popular line of Delights by Jimmy Dean breakfasts include:
- Delights by Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage, Egg & Cheese Flatbread – combines hearty Jimmy Dean turkey sausage with egg and cheese on a honey wheat flatbread. Each serving contains 250 calories, 12 grams of fat and 15 grams of protein.
- Delights by Jimmy Dean Bacon, Egg & Cheese Flatbread – combines savory Jimmy Dean bacon with egg and cheese on a honey wheat flatbread. Each serving contains 230 calories, 12 grams of fat and 11 grams of protein.
- Delights by Jimmy Dean Egg White with Spinach & Mozzarella-Style Cheese Flatbread – the first meatless options in the Delights by Jimmy Dean line, the sandwich combines egg white with spinach & mozzarella-style cheese on a honey wheat flatbread. Each serving contains 160 calories, 4.5 grams of fat and 11 grams of protein.
For those looking for a better-for-you breakfast option when making traditional breakfast favorites for the family, Jimmy Dean brand is also adding the first flavor variety to its fully cooked line of turkey sausage products. Available in the refrigerated section of grocery stores nationwide, the newest addition to the Jimmy Dean line of convenient, fully cooked options includes:
- Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Maple Turkey Sausage Patty – combining sweet and savory tastes, fully cooked maple turkey sausage provides a quick and better-for-you way to add delicious flavor to any breakfast.
Jimmy Dean Warms up Breakfast with a Variety of Savory, New Breakfast Items
Whether it’s enjoying breakfast at home with the family or taking it on-the-go, the Jimmy Dean line of frozen convenience breakfast products make it quick and easy for families to enjoy a satisfying, delicious breakfast any day of the week. Available in the frozen section of grocery stores nationwide, the newest additions to the Jimmy Dean line of convenient breakfast items include:
- Jimmy Dean Biscuit & Sausage Gravy Bowl – a classic breakfast combination of Jimmy Dean sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits now in a convenient microwaveable bowl that offers home-cooked flavor in three minutes.
- Jimmy Dean Snack Size Chicken Biscuit Sandwich – two handheld mini chicken sandwiches on a biscuit, bringing southern style chicken to the breakfast table. Ready in about a minute from the microwave, these mini sandwiches offer chicken-lovers a quick and tasty breakfast or a satisfying anytime snack.
- Jimmy Dean Meat Lovers Sandwich – two tasty Jimmy Dean sausage patties, egg and cheese on an English muffin. The sandwich contains two times more meat than the leading breakfast sandwich**, offering consumers a hearty, satisfying breakfast to start the day.
“As we head into the heart of winter and mornings become increasingly colder, nothing beats a warm, savory breakfast with protein to start the day,” said Amy Grabow, VP, Marketing, Jimmy Dean brand. “Knowing that our consumers are rushed during the mornings and shouldn’t have to forego a hearty breakfast at home, we’ve expanded our line of frozen and refrigerated convenience breakfast offerings to make it easier for them to enjoy their favorite Jimmy Dean breakfast in minutes.”
Added Grabow, “Whether it’s a traditional breakfast or a new option on-the-go like our new Delights Flatbread Sandwiches, this winter season we’re serving up a variety of delicious and savory breakfast items to help ensure everyone gets a great start to their morning.”
The new Jimmy Dean breakfast products will be available in grocery stores nationwide beginning this month. For more information on the Jimmy Dean brand product portfolio, visit www.JimmyDean.com.
*Share of Breakfast Sausage and Frozen Protein Breakfast Categories, number one in Dollar Sales and Volume Sales data per IRI FDM + WM 52 weeks ending January 6, 2013.
**Leading breakfast sandwich: Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant
About Jimmy Dean
Jimmy Dean brand is America’s favorite protein breakfast brand*. Since 1969, the brand has ensured quality in every plate, providing warm, satisfying breakfast options the whole family can enjoy. Jimmy Dean Fresh Roll Breakfast Sausage, Fresh Links & Patties, Fully Cooked Sausage Links & Patties, Omelets, Skillets, Sandwiches, Breakfast Bowls, Heat 'N Serve Sausage Links & Patties, and Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick boast full flavors and top quality ingredients guaranteed to make any meal the best.
About The Hillshire Brands Company
The Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is a leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The company generates nearly $4 billion in annual sales and has approximately 9,500 employees. Hillshire Brands’ portfolio includes iconic brands such as Jimmy Dean, Ball Park, Hillshire Farm, State Fair, Sara Lee frozen bakery and Chef Pierre pies, as well as artisanal brands Aidells and Gallo Salame. For more information about the company, please visit www.hillshirebrands.com.