VIENNA, Va.--()--Cloud and Virtualization; Cybersecurity; Mobile Government; Big Data and Business Intelligence; and Project Management will be the featured tracks at FOSE 2013, each providing cutting-edge technology insights, policy updates, case studies and expert guidance to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of government programs. FOSE 2013, the largest and most comprehensive event serving the government technology community, will take place May 14-16 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
“Late last year we surveyed our government and industry attendees to gauge the topics that are of most interest”
“Late last year we surveyed our government and industry attendees to gauge the topics that are of most interest,” said Mike Eason, Vice President, Public Sector Events, 1105 Media, Inc. “Not surprisingly, cloud, mobile, big data/analytics and cyber came in at the top. It’s our job to ensure we are offering the education that supports the government’s needs around these issues. We are once again structuring our program to highlight these key trends, and will be drawing on the expertise of agency executives that have real past performance in the five areas to serve as speakers.”
Each track provides an in-depth look into the given topic, including:
- Cloud and Virtualization will feature best practices and insights on technology trends, case studies and leading practices on planning, implementation and benefits realization.
- Cybersecurity will examine the business of cyber, including detecting complicated malware and adversaries – insider and outsider, determining what data left the organization, developing defensive and preemptive measures to keep attacks from happening and managing risk-based compliance.
- Mobile Government will offer tools, strategies and insights into hot issues such as BYOD, security, APIs and mobilizing enterprise systems, as well as achieving the goals of the Digital Government Strategy.
- Big Data and Business Intelligence will focus on how to extract meaning from bits and bytes to reach business objectives, featuring case studies from federal agencies that have found useful intelligence from data, examine toolkits being used and highlight the management and policy challenges that come up in the process.
- Project Management, developed in conjunction with the Project Management Institute, will provide best practices and trade secrets of agile project management to help the government professional advance their career.
A selection of confirmed session topics includes:
- Leveraging GWACs to Drive Cloud Acquisitions
- Using the Unified Cloud Platform to Create and Deliver the Desktop of the Future
- Cloudy with a Chance of Benefits
- The Emerging Role of Cyber
- The Chief Information Security Officer – People, Process, Technology and Budget
- The Architects of the Digital Government Strategy
- Bring Your Own Device
For more information and to keep up-to-date on the full program agenda, visit www.fose.com. To see how FOSE addresses the technology road ahead, view the FOSE 2013 infographic at www.fose.com/techtrends.
FOSE, produced by 1105 Media’s Government Events Group, is the premier government technology event that brings together federal, state, local and private sector partners to share the latest innovations and best practices in technology implementation. Focusing on policy, technology and management, FOSE 2013 covers Cybersecurity, Cloud and Virtualization, Mobile Government, Big Data and Business Intelligence as well as Records and Information Management and Project Management. FOSE 2013 will be held May 14-16 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. www.fose.com