MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(NCP engineering today announced that enterprises can upgrade its centrally managed IPsec VPN client suite to offer end users increased device and operating system flexibility when remotely connecting to their corporate networks. The NCP Secure Enterprise Client 9.31, which is available for purchase through NCP’s network of reseller partners and distributors, supports laptops and tablets with Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system (Professional or Enterprise editions), in addition to Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-/64-bit).)--
To further support mobile employees’ remote access needs, NCP has included its new Access Point Name (APN) management feature in version 9.31. Rather than manually configuring the mobile access point when they access the Internet, users who switch out their SIM cards from different mobile operators, for example, when traveling to another country, will see that NCP’s IPsec VPN software automatically prompts their device driver to search for and configure the APN via the SIM card’s NetID.
- The NCP Secure Enterprise Client is a one-click IPsec VPN solution that bundles a dynamic personal firewall, a dialer and an intuitive graphical user interface. It can connect to any VPN gateway on the market, and guarantees that every access point to the Internet is safe, without users needing to know and worry about firewall settings, device compatibility, connection negotiation or policy requirements.
- NCP’s centrally managed VPN client suite also features the company’s Path Finder technology, which solves complex connection issues for end users created by firewall settings that prevent IPsec communications. Plus, it supports mobile computing via seamless roaming and includes Friendly Net Detection, which forces the network to identify itself to the end user’s device and automatically activates the necessary firewall rules and security mechanisms, depending on if it’s a known, friendly or unknown, unfriendly network.
- Version 9.31 brings added security and usability benefits to enterprises and mobile employees. For example, the software prompts users with warning messages if they fail to log on to hotspots without Wi-Fi connections having first been established, and advises on creating suitable connection profiles and whether alternative network selections need to be made. The NCP Secure Enterprise Client can automatically display a “High Contrast” mode to make the VPN client screen easier to read, includes extended log settings to assist support personnel in diagnosing problems as well as allow mobile employees to select information to be forwarded via email to the support desk.
- Additional information about the new edition of the NCP Secure Enterprise Client for Microsoft Windows operating systems is available on NCP’s website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested enterprises can purchase NCP’s VPN software from the company’s reseller partners and distributors.
- Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, and on LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube.
NCP engineering, NCP Secure Enterprise Client, IPsec, VPN, Microsoft, Windows, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, enterprise, remote access, APN, hotspot, Wi-Fi, SIM card, software, Path Finder technology, Friendly Net Detection.
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.