BUFFALO GROVE, Ill.--()--Siemens Industry, Inc.’s Building Technologies Division recently released its first annual Customer Excellence Report—Engineering Innovative Experiences, detailing its ongoing commitment to building and strengthening customer relationships through improved service, responsiveness and expertise. This report shares the results of customer surveys and demonstrates the company’s significant improvements in the most important customer metric – loyalty.
“Our philosophy is clear—we are in business to help our customers succeed”
“Our philosophy is clear—we are in business to help our customers succeed,” said Matthias Rebellius, President of Siemens’ Building Technologies Division. “We are proud to share our 2012 Customer Excellence Report as proof of our ongoing commitment to improving quality, support and service throughout our organization. We have listened and responded to customers’ feedback and launched a number of programs to improve service levels. As a result, we’ve earned the highest customer loyalty in three years.”
The Building Technologies Division’s customer care program is actually fueled by customer input, making it in a sense a 360° feedback loop. Through its Voice of the Customer Initiative, the company has taken significant steps to incorporate customer feedback throughout its business, to strengthen customer relationships and drive a culture of customer excellence into the organization and out to field operations. Key accomplishments include:
- Customer Loyalty: The customer loyalty score rose by 14% to its highest level in three years. The loyalty metric measures the likelihood that a customer intends to continue doing business with Siemens’ Building Technologies Division.
- Referral Rate: The customer referral rate showed a 9% increase in the number of customers that will actively refer Siemens’ Building Technologies Division to others.
- Overall Customer Satisfaction: The overall Customer Satisfaction Index improved by 7%, over the last three years. The satisfaction metric measures a customer’s overall satisfaction following a recent service experience in our day-to-day operations.
As a result of actively listening and responding to customer insight, Siemens’ Building Technologies Division implemented a variety of new programs and focused on ongoing improvements over the past two years to directly address customers’ specific concerns.
- Service—expanded our portfolio of service offerings and improved service delivery and service outcomes.
- Responsiveness—achieved a 60% reduction in the time it takes to complete a service call or resolve an issue after receiving a customer request.
- Staff—Added certified experts in the field to properly address our customers’ specific needs plus more robust recruitment and training programs to ensure the highest levels of professionalism, knowledge, expertise and employee engagement.
This marks the first year that Siemens’ Building Technologies Division has published an annual Customer Excellence Report and shared results with the public. The company plans to continue reporting on its progress in upcoming annual reports. “Customer excellence is not only ensuring that everyone is having a great experience, it’s making sure that we are consistently fulfilling our promise to our customers – to build relationships that work for them,” said Jennifer Schmitt, Director of Customer Excellence.
To obtain a copy of the report go to: http://w3.usa.siemens.com/buildingtechnologies/us/en/customers/Pages/customers.aspx?stc=uszbt100124
The Siemens Infrastructure & Cities Sector (Munich, Germany), with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Sector comprises the divisions Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid. For more information, visit http://www.siemens.com/infrastructure-cities
The Siemens Building Technologies Division (Zug, Switzerland) is the world leader in the market for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. As technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management. With around 29,000 employees worldwide, Building Technologies generated revenue of 5.8 billion Euro. For more information, visit www.siemens.com/buildingtechnologies