CLEARWATER, Fla.--()--FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of patient privacy monitoring solutions for Electronic Health Records, today announced that the company is now contracted to protect patients’ privacy in 200 enterprise customers. Statistics on the company’s 200 customers include:
“We are constantly refining processes and offerings to better serve our customers, and many of our recent offerings are a direct result of the lessons learned from our customers around the globe”
- FairWarning® customers operate over 1,000 hospitals and 4,000 clinics across the globe including forty-seven of the United States
- Fifty percent of the company’s customers are the established leaders in healthcare having received recognition from Becker’s, U.S. News & World Report, Thomson Reuters, 100 Most Wired, Verispan and Malcolm Baldrige
- The company’s average customer operates slightly more than five hospitals and 20 clinics
- Nineteen of the company’s customers operate 15 or more hospitals, twelve operate 20 hospitals or more
- Care provider customers range in size from 100 to 132,000 employees
Since FairWarning®’s founding in 2005, the chief operating goal has been to see every customer into the productive use of patient privacy monitoring. Of FairWarning®’s first 200 customers, 94% are already in production or are on schedule for production by spring 2013. The remaining 6% report that a loss of internal resources required to complete the implementation has resulted in a delay. Primary examples include a loss in availability of a privacy analyst to operate the solution day-to-day, a project manager or internal database administrator required to install audit log data scripts provided by FairWarning®. A Gartner survey from June 2012 found that Information Technology project implementations typically experience a failure rate ranging from 20-28%, depending upon the dollar size of the project.
While FairWarning®’s success rate is dramatically higher than industry average, 94% still remains short of the company’s goal of 100% of customers in production. Toward this goal, FairWarning® is introducing expanded and affordable service offerings designed to accelerate implementations and complement customers’ staff with experts. New offerings include:
- A managed service offering for the day-to-day operation of patient privacy monitoring, providing expert services at a fraction of the cost if operated by the care provider independently
- Database administrator services for data extraction of healthcare application audit logs and human resources data
- An audit preparedness program designed to take advantage of FairWarning®’s best practices for user activity monitoring, the #1 deficiency cited in the Office for Civil Rights’ initial HIPAA audits of 2012
- An Implementation Toolkit 3.0, which details every step, documentation and required resources for a successful patient privacy monitoring deployment, including best-practices for hours of availability, maintenance windows, backups and archiving of audit data, work-flows and quality control
These new FairWarning® offerings are in addition to industry initiatives operated by the company which are designed to increase the number of skilled industry personnel trained to implement patient privacy monitoring, as well as improve the availability of audit logs produced by healthcare applications.
- FairWarning® Ready for Healthcare Applications program, designed to help software vendors provide patient privacy auditing to their customers across all of their applications that contain electronic protected health information (ePHI). Version 3.0 (coming soon) provides even more specificity, details and documentation to accelerate the extraction and gathering of data.
- FairWarning® Ready Certified Professional Training to maximize privacy and security professionals’ knowledge and proficiency in using patient privacy monitoring, and to provide a comprehensive, practical curriculum for implementing affordable and wide-scale privacy auditing. Every course has sold out since the introduction of the training program in late 2011.
“We are constantly refining processes and offerings to better serve our customers, and many of our recent offerings are a direct result of the lessons learned from our customers around the globe,” said Frank DePrisco, Vice President Global Customer Operations, FairWarning®. “This 200th customer milestone reinforces that our success is attributable to the growing number of care providers who are committed to ensuring greater patient privacy protections, and effectiveness and efficiencies in patient care,” stated DePrisco.
For more information on FairWarning® solutions, contact solutions@FairWarning.com.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is the inventor and global leader in software solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in electronic health records enabling healthcare providers and health information exchanges to confidentially connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning®’s turnkey privacy auditing solutions are compatible with healthcare applications from every major vendor including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning® visit http://www.FairWarning.com or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.