LIMA, Peru--()--Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A. and subsidiaries (NYSE: CPAC; BVL: CPACASC1) (“the Company” or “Cementos Pacasmayo”) a leading Peruvian cement company, announced today its consolidated results for the fourth quarter (“4Q12”) and twelve months (“2012”) ended December 31, 2012. These results have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and are stated in nominal Peruvian nuevos soles (S/.).
It is important to note the following highlights:
- Cement sales volume increased 16.6% in 2012 compared to 2011, and 14.2% in 4Q12 compared to 4Q11.
- Net income increased 134.9% in 2012 compared to 2011 (S/. 159.0 million vs. S/. 67.7 million, see page 7), and 41.0% in 4Q12 compared to 4Q11 (S/. 39.9 million vs. S/. 28.3 million).
- Cement EBITDA increased 7.9% in 2012 compared to 2011 (S/. 292.1 million vs. S/. 270.8 million), and 11.7% in 4Q12 compared to 4Q11 (S/. 78.3 million vs. S/. 70.1 million).
- Private offering of US$ 300 million in Senior Notes in the international markets – On February 1, 2013, the Company successfully placed US$300 million in Senior Notes, with a coupon rate of 4.50%, and a yield to maturity of 4.625%, due on 2023. Demand for the notes exceeded US$ 2.5 billion.
4Q12 versus 4Q11:
- Sales of goods increased S/. 39.7 million (14.3%)
- Gross profit increased S/. 5.7 million (4.6%)
- Operating profit increased S/. 11.3 million (22.1%)
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA increased S/. 4.3 million (6.2%)
For a full version of Cementos Pacasmayo’s Fourth Quarter 2012 Earnings Release, please visit http://www.cementospacasmayo.com.pe/accionistas/.
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION:
Cementos Pacasmayo will host a conference call Thursday, February 21, 2013, to discuss these results at 11:00 am New York time/11:00 am Lima time.
To participate, please dial:
+1 800 311 9401 (From within the U.S.)
+1 334 323 7224 (International participants)
There will also be a live Audio Webcast of this event available at:
About Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A.
Cementos Pacasmayo S.A.A. is a leading Peruvian cement company, and the only cement manufacturer in the Northern region of Peru. In February 2012, the Company’s shares were listed on The New York Stock Exchange - Euronext under the ticker symbol "CPAC". With more than 54 years of operating history, the Company produces, distributes and sells cement and cement-related materials, such as concrete blocks and ready-mix concrete. Cementos Pacasmayo’s products are primarily used in construction, which has been one of the fastest-growing segments of the Peruvian economy in recent years. The Company also produces and sells quicklime for use in mining operations.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cementospacasmayo.com.pe/accionistas/
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are statements that are not historical facts, and are based on management’s current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, Company performance and financial results. Also, certain reclassifications have been made to make figures comparable for the periods. The words “anticipates”, “believes”, “estimates”, “expects”, “plans” and similar expressions, as they relate to the Company, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial condition, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
For more information please visit www.cementospacasmayo.com.pe/accionistas/.