WALTHAM, Mass.--(Telerik, an end-to-end provider of software development, lifecycle and content management tools and solutions, today announced the general availability of its Q1 2013 suite of .NET development tools, DevCraft. With this new release, the company delivers on its promise to advance its superior UI controls, productivity tools and reporting tools. Some of the features now available include grid components and data visualizations for Windows 8, new and improved UI controls, updated frameworks and data engines across the portfolio of tools and solutions as well as advances to Telerik’s free tools.)--
“It is because of this close collaboration that we’re excited about features such as RadPivotGrid with OLAP support. We work hard to build what the market wants, every time, which has helped us build our reputation as a market leader for .NET developer tools and components.”
“Q1 2013 brings the developer experience to the next level. With each new iteration, we are advancing the feature set based on the feedback of our knowledgeable customers,” said Chris Sells, Vice President, Developer Tools, Telerik. “It is because of this close collaboration that we’re excited about features such as RadPivotGrid with OLAP support. We work hard to build what the market wants, every time, which has helped us build our reputation as a market leader for .NET developer tools and components.”
With the Q1 release Telerik is adding a series of new tools to its already robust collection of UI controls, productivity and reporting tools:
- RadGrid for Windows 8 built from the ground up for Windows 8 touch environments and the Windows Store, enabling quick visualization, group, filter, sort and more of complex data in a light-weight, native and responsive UI.
- All ASP.NET AJAX controls now work seamlessly in SharePoint 2013 farm solutions. Additionally, Telerik put a new Persistence Framework for ASP.NET AJAX into beta that will allow persistent control settings between sessions. The company also enhanced support for iOS6 and Windows 8 on touch devices.
- Simplified data management with the new OLAP support for PivotGrid for ASP.NET AJAX, WinForms and XAML, as well as .NET 4.5 Model Binding support for the AJAX Grid, ListView and TreeList controls.
- A codeless OLAP charting engine in Telerik Reporting for quick creation of any chart, including rose and sparkline.
- Unique HTML5 features for RadControls for ASP.NET and its Image Editor control provide drawing capabilities and new built-in filters (sepia, hue/saturation and gray scale).
- New WinForms PDFViewer control and improved ChartView with support for multiple axes, drill-up/down and smart labels.
- New Spreadsheet (CTP) control in Telerik’s XAML suites allow users to work with data directly in the application. The Silverlight and WPF suites also come with new BarcodeReader and TileList (Beta) controls, as well as improved touch support.
- JustCode improves its warnings and errors for faster and better programming, and adds first-class support for LESS. Telerik has also improved JustMock, which adds fully profiled automocking, and enhanced JustTrace with continuous profiling.
Telerik has continued to invest heavily in both its commercial and free product lines. New is the JustDecompile Plugin Manager which enables developers to conveniently manage all plugins within the product UI. Decompilation is also faster and more accurate than ever. OpenAccess ORM simplifies the complex management of large data models by providing developers with an easy option for splitting them into several diagrams. In addition, with this version OpenAccess ORM becomes the first enterprise-grade ORM that supports streaming of large data files from the database with a memory buffer.
These and other enhancements are now available within the Q1 2013 release. For more information on Telerik’s DevCraft, please go to www.telerik.com.
Telerik is a market-leading provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, automated testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management across all major Microsoft development platforms. Telerik’s award-winning software development products enable enterprises and organizations of every size to generate tangible productivity gains, reduce time-to-market, and stay on time and under budget. With tens of thousands of users in more than 90 countries around the world, Telerik’s customers include numerous Fortune 2000 companies, academic institutions, governments, and non-profit organizations. For additional information about Telerik, please visit www.telerik.com or follow @telerik on Twitter.