CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--()--The 2013 Energy Innovation Pioneers have been selected to present at the IHS CERAWeek 2013 executive conference, March 4-8 at the Hilton Americas – Houston. This year’s class of 21 Energy Innovation Pioneers was chosen based on their potential to transform the energy future. Criteria include creativity, feasibility of plan, scalability of technology and leadership team.
“These firms demonstrate the promise of how technology is changing business as usual for energy. Past pioneers are on their way to transforming the energy future”
The Energy Innovation Pioneers program, held annually in conjunction with IHS CERAWeek, aims to identify the most innovative and distinctive new technologies in the energy spectrum, including upstream oil and gas, downstream and processing, biofuels, water management, new materials, monitoring and assessment, renewables, nuclear, electric storage and efficiency. IHS Senior Vice President James Rosenfield and IHS Director Kristian Bodek will chair the breakfast sessions to be held March 5-7 from 7:30 – 8:45 a.m.
“These firms demonstrate the promise of how technology is changing business as usual for energy. Past pioneers are on their way to transforming the energy future,” said Rosenfield, who is chairman of the Energy Innovation Pioneers at IHS CERAWeek.
”This year more than ever before, it is not only a class of impressive innovators but it is very much a global class. A quarter comes from outside the United States,” added IHS Vice Chairman and author of The Quest, Daniel Yergin.
Energy Innovation Pioneers for 2013 include:
- Agilyx – Ross M. Patten, Chairman & CEO
- Agrivida – Mark Wong, CEO
- Alert Enterprise – Jasvir Gill, CEO
- Altela – Ned Godshall, President and CEO
- ARKeX – John Siegfried, CEO
- Ecosphere Energy Services – Robert Cathey, CEO and COO
- ENGO Engineering – Vasily Borisov, First Deputy General Director
- Geostellar – David Levine, CEO
- GlassPoint – Rod MacGregor, President & CEO
- GMZ Energy – Ian Chao, CEO
- Ioxus - Mark McGough, President and CEO
- OPXBIO – Charles R. Eggert, President and CEO
- Primus Power – Tom Stepien, CEO
- Rebellion Photonics – Allison Lami Sawyer, CEO
- Renmatix – Mike Hamilton, CEO
- RRT Global – Doug Harris, CEO
- Synapse – Ilya Dricker, Co-Founder & Senior Partner
- TerraPower – John Gilleland, CEO
- ThermoEnergy – James Wood, Chairman, President & CEO
- Transphorm – Umesh Mishra, Chairman, CEO & Co-Founder
- WegoWise – Barun Singh, Founder and CTO
New to the 2013 program is the Innovation Pioneer Showcase, industry presentations by current and past pioneers on their company held concurrently with the main conference agenda.
IHS CERAWeek is recognized as the world’s leading forum offering insight into the energy future. Chaired by Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Daniel Yergin, IHS CERAWeek 2013 Drivers of Change: Geopolitics, Markets and the New Map of Energy, will convene an international group of over 2,000 industry, policy and financial leaders—along with leading researchers from IHS—to explore the implications for strategies and investment in an era of persistent change. For more information, visit www.ceraweek.com.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs more than 6,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2013 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.