SEATTLE--(IT operational intelligence, experienced a 250 percent increase in new customer sales in 2012 compared to 2011, and doubled the number of units sold in 2012 compared to all previous years combined. In addition, ExtraHop Networks won more than a dozen awards for corporate and technology excellence in 2012. IT organizations at Adobe, Concur, Expedia, The NPD Group, Microsoft, and many others use the ExtraHop platform to manage more than 250,000 devices and analyze over a trillion transactions each day.)--ExtraHop, the leading provider of real-time
“Organizations love that a single ExtraHop appliance can analyze over 100,000 transactions per second—scalability that is unmatched in the market. The performance, functionality, and price of the ExtraHop platform help our customers dramatically lower their operating costs while gaining the visibility they need to run IT operations more effectively.”
“The adoption of ExtraHop in the market is driven by our ability to provide visibility across tiers without agents or other invasive instrumentation. This is a crucial capability as IT environments become more virtualized and dynamic,” says Jesse Rothstein, CEO of ExtraHop. “Organizations love that a single ExtraHop appliance can analyze over 100,000 transactions per second—scalability that is unmatched in the market. The performance, functionality, and price of the ExtraHop platform help our customers dramatically lower their operating costs while gaining the visibility they need to run IT operations more effectively.”
With ExtraHop, IT organizations can equip all teams with a shared, real-time view of performance for all tiers of the IT environment. This cross-tier visibility encourages greater collaboration among teams, reduces time-to-resolution when troubleshooting, and helps IT teams make informed decisions when planning capacity or making changes to the infrastructure.
Unlike traditional network performance management (NPM) or application performance management (APM) tools, ExtraHop’s solutions meet the requirements for IT operational intelligence solutions:
- No agents. Operational intelligence solutions cannot impose any system overhead or pose any risk to production applications.
- Visibility and correlation across all tiers. Operational intelligence solutions must provide all IT groups with correlated, cross-tier visibility. The ExtraHop platform achieves this requirement by using the network as the common denominator for operational intelligence.
- Application fluency. An operational intelligence solution must be able to understand the languages that various components in the application delivery chain use to communicate with one another. To attain this application fluency, the ExtraHop platform reassembles network traffic into application sessions, flows, and transactions to see and monitor anything in the application payload.
- Automatic discovery and classification. Operational intelligence solutions must continuously discover and classify new devices and applications present on the network without requiring ongoing manual naming and tagging, which is especially important in highly virtualized and dynamic environments.
- Simple, rapid customization. Operational intelligence solutions must enable IT teams to quickly answer questions by defining and implementing new metrics in minutes without requiring expensive consultants.
- Out-of-the-box support for all applications and infrastructure. Operational intelligence solutions must cover all applications in production, not just the custom applications that organizations can afford to monitor. They must also support a heterogeneous infrastructure comprising storage, databases, web servers, DNS, and directory services from different vendors.
- Carrier-grade scalability. Operational intelligence solutions must scale to analyze all transactions at wire speed, both encrypted and unencrypted, and support geographically distributed applications that cover multiple datacenters and hundreds of branch offices.
“ExtraHop has helped us move from a reactive mode of operations to proactively resolving issues. We’ve achieved the ‘holy grail’ of IT operations where we’re not just remediating problems faster, but preventing problems from occurring in the first place,” says John Hluboky, VP of Technical Operations at Practice Fusion.
“With ExtraHop, we gain visibility for all our applications in production without having to worry about modifying our systems or installing agents. The ExtraHop platform is completely nonintrusive. It does not add load to our servers or network and never requires downtime for an update,” says Joseph Steele, VP of IT Infrastructure at MedSolutions.
About ExtraHop Networks
ExtraHop provides the real-time operational intelligence required to make IT more agile and proactive. The world’s best-run IT organizations use ExtraHop to manage more than a quarter-million devices and monitor over a trillion transactions daily, including Adobe, Alaska Airlines, Concur, Expedia, and Microsoft. Winner of many innovation awards from Gartner, Interop, and others, the ExtraHop platform auto-discovers and auto-classifies all applications and systems out of the box, providing the correlated, real-time visibility essential for dynamic environments. The ExtraHop platform deploys without agents and delivers value in less than 15 minutes, making it the most cost-effective solution on the market. Follow us on Twitter @ExtraHop.