SAN CARLOS, Calif.--(Colabo, the self-service marketing analytics solution that enables data-driven business decisions, launched today providing marketers with a way to easily discover, model and correlate any data from both public online sources and internal tools. Colabo’s free 30-day trial lets users discover, visualize and analyze external marketing channels about a product, company or keyword collectively in a single dashboard. Users can customize their dashboards to include any data accessible from a browser including internal business metrics such as CRM systems and mobile analytics. Colabo dashboards give marketers the insight needed to see corollary data regardless of one’s prior experience with technology or analytics and can be accessed from any desktop or mobile device.)--
“Colabo allows us to see the big picture and find the correlation between external conversations customers are having online and internal data. This insight allows us to engage with new customers in ways that have a proven, measurable business impact.”
“For marketers, the days of looking only under the lamppost are over. They need actionable, real-time data to properly allocate their budgets and that can only come by breaking down the siloes in which each stream of data has been viewed and processed over the last several years,” said Yoav Dembak, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Colabo. “When we were launching products and tracking market performance at VMware we realized fellow marketers were also facing this uphill battle to collectively visualize the myriad emerging data streams and, on top of that, track and correlate the data to tangibly impact the ROI of any marketing activity. To solve this problem we tapped into our past experience in Big Data analysis and service level management for IT and built Colabo to provide front-line marketers a way to easily and immediately gain insights into how campaigns are translating into business results.”
At launch, Colabo allows for the following:
- Marketing, product and communications professionals create a dashboard on any keyword, product name or event of their choosing
- External marketing data (paid, earned and owned) from a multitude of sources is displayed within minutes – these include social channels like Quora, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and traditional media (per vertical and geography)
- Internal data sources such as App Store metrics, web analytics and CRM systems are tracked and analyzed to provide users with an end-to-end understanding of product performance
- Colabo’s intelligent back-end lets users add any live data source that is accessible from a browser by simply “clipping it” via Colabo’s browser plug-in
- Data is able to be viewed in two modes – an aggregated visualization mode or an analytics mode that displays the trends and behavior of each data source over time
- Unusual activity is automatically tracked – once detected, Colabo sends users an alert and enables them to determine the appropriate course of action and respond quickly
- Users are able to share and access their dashboards from any mobile device, tablet or large screen TV
“The enterprise is changing fast. Technology and big data that were once owned solely by the CIO are now in the hands of front-line business users who need to make data-backed decisions around the clock and in real-time. CMOs and marketing teams now oversee a vast amount of data across multiple channels both inside the organization and on the cloud and yesterday's BI and analytics solutions are too narrow, too slow and too expensive,” said Paul Maritz, Chief Strategist at EMC. “Colabo's unique solution allows any marketing professional to curate their own set of data sources and then visualize, analyze and find business-goal correlations in real time and in a cost-effective manner.”
Colabo is easy and fast for marketers to begin using and via the free 30-day trial they can get instant gratification. First, marketers can see the cross-platform content and then quickly interact with the analytics as they deepen within the first day. More sophisticated users can immediately build boards with unlimited internal and external sources and correlate them. Colabo is available in three different usage tiers:
- Professional: This solution is appropriate for individual users within small to medium sized organizations or agencies ($90/month).
- Corporate: This offer is for use by small groups of up to 10 people within an organization that require access to more advanced analytics ($500/month).
- Enterprise: This tier, which comes with an on-premise version of the solution, is appropriate for large-scale enterprises that require not only analytics but also reporting functionality, correlations extracted from the data on their behalf and even more data source ($3000/month).
“New social channels are emerging all the time and it’s a daunting challenge to understand not only where our customers are having online conversations, but what impact they are having on the performance of our campaigns and brand,” said Paul Arnpriester, founder of The Humanitarian Cloud at CDW. “Colabo allows us to see the big picture and find the correlation between external conversations customers are having online and internal data. This insight allows us to engage with new customers in ways that have a proven, measurable business impact.”
Colabo is co-founded by Yoav Dembak, Naama Halperin and Asaf Wexler, the same team that founded and led B-hive Networks to its 2008 acquisition by VMware. Colabo’s key investors are Paul Maritz, Chief Strategist at EMC, Raghu Rahuram, Executive Vice President of Cloud Infrastructure and Management, VMware, Benny Schnaider, noted Israeli entrepreneur and investor and Ray Rothrock, Partner, Venrock.
“Ninety-eight percent of companies in Aberdeen’s recent Big Data for Marketing research say they plan to increase their use of data analytics for marketing over the next 12 months, so clearly the age of data-driven marketing has arrived,” said Trip Kucera, Senior Research Analyst, Marketing Effectiveness & Strategy at Aberdeen Group. “The biggest barrier to great adoption of data analytics according to our research is access to the relevant data source. Given this, it is clear that marketers are looking for a way to easily tap into the vast amount of digital data available and gain actionable insight about customers and campaigns.”
Colabo is currently used by a number of companies including VMware, CDW, SFmoma, ID-PR and Virtustream and has more than 4,000 registered users. To sign up for a free 30 day trial visit the Colabo website or download the Colabo iPad app via the iTunes App Store.
Colabo, the self-service, marketing analytics solution, is a simple, collaborative and mobile offering that enables data-driven decisions for marketing professionals across industries. With a powerful back-end, Colabo pulls in external and internal data sources for discovery, monitoring, analysis and action. The solution allows marketers to properly allocate their budgets across the digital channels that prove most successful for their brand as well as accelerate engagement around an event or topic associated with their organization. Colabo is available as a cloud-based subscription service as well as an on-premise solution allowing it to meet the needs of organizations at any scale.
Learn more at colabo.com