ANDOVER, Mass.--(Capsule Tech, Inc., the leading global provider of medical device connectivity solutions, continued to build on its leadership position by posting another strong year in 2012 in all areas of the business. Among the key performance indicators:)--
“Enhancing Workflow and Increasing Patient Safety One Vital Sign at a Time”
- A record number of direct system go-lives: Capsule successfully installed 235 new facilities during 2012, nearly doubling the number of 2011 installations.
- Growth in its total worldwide customer base to 1,188 hospitals in 37 countries.
- Growth of its plug-and-play device driver library to over 600 unique interfaces that provide connectivity to virtually every device manufacturer.
- Installations of its Capsule Neuron™ touch-screen bedside connectivity unit surpassed 20,000 in just its second year.
“Our performance in 2012 further emphasizes the continued confidence in our products and services, and the value Capsule delivers,” said Stuart Long, Capsule Tech’s chief marketing and sales officer. “Moreover, the numbers point to many of the key factors that differentiate us from our competitors, our unique library of device drivers being a primary indicator. Each driver is built with all data elements available in the manufacturer’s published device protocol as required by the FDA. Plus, our ongoing support for over 600 unique device drivers allows hospitals to meet current and future medical device integration needs. That, along with the reliability of our DataCaptor software and the expertise of our implementation team, enables us to deliver healthcare’s most complete point-of-care device integration solutions to our customers.”
“Another important element is the different ways we can deliver our MDI solutions,” added Long. “PC integration, terminal server, stand-alone bedside devices or spot check connectivity; different points-of-care require different solutions. Only Capsule has the product depth, breadth of expertise and proven performance in the deployment of multiple solutions that can meet each facility’s unique needs.”
Capsule’s medical device integration (MDI) solutions enable connectivity of virtually any medical device to virtually any EMR system allowing hospitals to choose their type and scope of project. At its core is Capsule’s proprietary DataCaptor™ connectivity software, which manages the communication between medical devices and their destination clinical information system(s). Deployed through software on a PC, terminal server and/or bedside hardware such as the Capsule Neuron™, patient data can be collected continuously in acute-care settings, or periodically in lower acuity, multi-patient environments. Implementations range from single departments to multi-facilities, and in some cases, even system-wide deployment at hundreds of hospitals in a single network.
Capsule at HIMSS13
Capsule will have a major presence at the 2013 HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition. Capsule’s Enterprise Device Connectivity Solution will be on display at various areas on the exhibition floor, including:
- The Capsule booth #3711
- The Interoperability Showcase, booth #8711
Booth #1340 where Capsule’s industry-leading device
connectivity solution will be in action at the Intelligent Hospital
Pavilion. Join us for the following presentations:
- Halley Cooksey, RN, clinical systems analyst at EMH Healthcare Elyria shares her story about “Enhancing Workflow and Increasing Patient Safety One Vital Sign at a Time,” in the Intelligent Hospital Pavilion, March 4 at 4:45 PM; and
- Susan Niemeier, RN, BSN, MHA, Capsule’s chief nursing officer will discuss “The Value of Data in the EMR,” in the Intelligent Hospital Pavilion, March 5 at 11:15 AM.
Capsule is the leading global provider of medical device connectivity solutions for hospitals and healthcare organizations. Capsule enables hospitals using electronic medical records and other information systems to reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve patient care through the direct capture and delivery of patient vitals at the point-of-care. Capsule’s solutions are flexible and scalable, offering a variety of deployment options to meet the needs of any healthcare delivery organization. Founded in 1997, the Company has established strong partnerships with leading medical device manufacturers and installed enterprise-wide solutions in over 1,100 hospitals in 37 countries. For more information, visit www.capsuletech.com or call +1 978-482-2337 (US), or +33 1 5334 1400 (France).