BOSTON & SAN FRANCISCO--()--RAMP, the leader in next generation search and video experiences, announced at the SharePoint Technology Conference (SPTechCon) in San Francisco this week, the general availability release of RAMP’s MediaCloud® for Microsoft® SharePoint®.
“Our goal with RAMP MediaCloud for SharePoint is to make enterprise videos as easy to manage, deliver, and share as documents, while leveraging the uniqueness of video as a communication medium. This approach is clearly resonating with organizations trying to maximize the value of their growing collections of enterprise video.”
First previewed at the SharePoint Conference in Las Vegas in November, 2012, RAMP MediaCloud for SharePoint builds on RAMP’s award-winning MediaCloud platform to deliver a single integrated system for processing, storing, managing, and delivering on-demand enterprise video within SharePoint.
Specific features of MediaCloud for SharePoint include:
- Secure, cloud-based storage, transcoding, tagging, and streaming of video content to minimize IT complexity and cost.
- Tight integration of video with SharePoint’s collaboration, content, search, and social features to increase the exposure and value of video across these core capabilities.
- Comprehensive SharePoint web parts for integrated video search and video player for easy deployment and publishing of video content experiences.
- Unique, patented technology to automate transcription and metadata generation on video content.
- Deep in-video search and interactive video playback, enhancing discovery and engagement of video.
“The response to MediaCloud for SharePoint since it was first launched in November of last year has been tremendous”, says Nate Treloar, RAMP’s VP and General Manager of Enterprise. “Our goal with RAMP MediaCloud for SharePoint is to make enterprise videos as easy to manage, deliver, and share as documents, while leveraging the uniqueness of video as a communication medium. This approach is clearly resonating with organizations trying to maximize the value of their growing collections of enterprise video.”
RAMP MediaCloud for SharePoint 2010 is available now. MediaCloud for SharePoint 2013 will be available in May, 2013.
RAMP is a Silver Sponsor of SPTechCon in San Francisco, March 3-7th, and is located at booth 506 on the exhibit floor.
RAMP has developed the next generation of search & video experiences to make video more valuable. Using RAMP, clients are able to fully leverage the value of all of their video content by driving increased discovery across search and social sites, enhancing user engagement through dynamic search and publishing solutions, and maximizing revenue through sophisticated advertising capabilities.
Leading media companies and enterprises using RAMP include –Thomson Reuters, FOXNews, ABCNews, NBC, Dow Jones, Meredith, Citibank, and others. For more information visit: RAMP.com, or contact us at info@RAMP.com.