LOS ANGELES--(NIRI Los Angeles and National Association of Corporate Directors Southern California are pleased to announce an April 4th interactive educational program on how independent directors of boards of public companies view their accountability to shareholders. The program will highlight best practices for keeping directors informed on shareholder perspectives as well as anticipating changes in investor expectations for engagement and transparency.)--
For this event, NIRI LA and NACD So Cal have brought together independent directors from some of the nation’s leading public companies. The panel will reveal insights and lessons learned from their years of service, including how a board evaluates management’s engagement with investors and determines that the level of dialogue is appropriate, as well as the rapidly changing investor expectations for corporate directors and how investor relations professionals help companies stay ahead of these demands.
Panelists for this event include:
- Linda Griego: President and chief executive officer of Griego Enterprises, Inc. and director for CBS Corporation, AECOM Technology Company and American Balanced Fund, the Income Fund of America and International Growth and Income Fund, which are managed by the Capital Group.
- Bonnie Hill: President of B. Hill Enterprises, LLC and director for Yum! Brands, Home Depot, AK Steel Holding Corp., and California Water Service Group.
- Julie Hill: Founder of The Hill Company and director of WellPoint Inc., the Lord Abbett Family of Funds, and the Lend Lease Corporation
- Wendy Webb: Chairman and chief executive officer of Kestrel Corporate Advisory, a director of Jack in the Box Inc. and former investor relations officer for Ticketmaster Entertainment Inc. and The Walt Disney Company.
- Moderator: DeLise Keim: Principal of Keim Strategic Communications and former investor relations officer for Southwest Water Company, Move, Inc. and Shurgard Storage Centers.
This highly interactive program will be held at the California Club in downtown Los Angeles and kicks off with registration at 11:15 am followed by lunch and the panel discussion. This program is sponsored by BoardVantage. Pre-registration is required and available by going to NIRILA.com: http://conta.cc/12N08RY or NACD Southern California: http://southerncalifornia.nacdonline.org/
About NIRI Los Angeles:
NIRI Los Angeles is the LA Chapter of NIRI, the largest professional investor relations association in the world with more than 3,500 members that represent 2,000 publicly held companies and $5.4 trillion in stock market capitalization. Click here to learn more about NIRI: http://www.niri.org.
The LA Chapter is comprised of IR practitioners from public companies, consulting firms and associated service providers in the Los Angeles area. NIRI LA promotes and educates members on the strategic management responsibility of Investor Relations, which integrates finance, communication, marketing and securities law compliance to enable the most effective two-way communication between a company, the financial community, and other constituencies. Additional information about NIRI LA can be found at http://www.nirila.org.
About NACD Southern California:
NACD So Cal advances exemplary board leadership - for directors, by directors. Our chapter provides the information and insights that board members rely upon to confidently navigate business challenges and enhance long-term shareowner value. Importantly, directors and boards turn to NACD to gain the knowledge and wisdom to become a strategic asset to their companies, and NACD amplifies the collective voice of directors in the national dialogue on board governance issues. NACD is the Voice of the Director. This is not corporate speak: Our entire organization is focused on meeting the needs of board members, and supporting directors to perform more effectively and efficiently.