SAN FRANCISCO--()--News Facts:
“For 22 years, leading minds in cybersecurity have gathered with us from around the world to address the security threats of today and tomorrow”
RSA® Conference, (www.rsaconference.com),
the world’s leading information security conference and exposition,
concluded its 22nd annual event last Friday at the Moscone
Center in San Francisco.
- Keynotes, sessions and debates focused on big data, mobile security, privacy, policy and more.
- A record number of over 24,000 attendees attended approximately 394 sessions, keynotes, peer-to-peer sessions, track sessions, tutorials and seminars, which featured 620 speakers.
- More than 360 companies across the cybersecurity landscape showcased the tools and technologies that will protect personal and professional assets now and in the future.
RSA Conference 2013 highlights include:
- This year’s Innovation Sandbox program featuring interactive white boarding sessions, the opportunity to speak with industry-leading experts and the top 10 finalists’ presentations to a panel of judges.
- Remotium was named Most Innovative Company at RSA Conference 2013 by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel, which was comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- Moderated by Scott Hartz, CEO, Taasera, Inc., “Ten Years Later - The National Mission to Secure Cyberspace,” featured a 10-year anniversary discussion around the Department of Homeland Security and the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace. Former DHS Secretary Tom Ridge and former Cybersecurity Czar Howard Schmidt looked back at the growing sophistication of cyber attacks over the last decade and how industry and government have worked together.
- For the first time, RSA Conference introduced a CISO Viewpoint track where CISOs and CIOs participated in a variety of sessions that highlighted how business and security are intersecting. CISOs and speakers from companies like eBay, Google, Bank of America, Visa, Zappos and Johnson & Johnson spoke on a variety of issues including big data, risk management, and the psychographics of CISOs.
- Security Mashup Debate sessions pitted industry professionals against each other in topics like pen testing tools and security awareness training. Moderated by Pete Lindstrom of Spire Security, Andrew Jaquith, CTO of Perimeter E-Security, and Dave Aitel, CEO of Immunity Inc., panelists went head-to-head in “Internet GUN CONTROL – Are Pen Testing Tools Good or Evil?” The second debate featured Bruce Schneier, CSTO at BT; Francis Brown, Managing Partner at Stach & Liu; Hord Tipton, Executive Director of (ISC)2; and Dave Aitel. Dark Reading editor Tim Wilson moderating a discussion, titled, “Does Security Awareness Training Actually Improve Enterprise Security?” Finally, for the first time RSA Conference featured a Rump Session, a mosh-pit of passionate, tongue-in-cheek short talks focused on humor and enlightenment.
The 16th Annual RSA Conference Awards program
highlighted the work of five security professionals in the fields
of mathematics, public policy and security practices. This year’s
- Financial Services Information Sharing & Analysis Center, Excellence in Information Security
- Professor Jean-Jacques Quisquater, Excellence in Mathematics
- Chairman Mike J. Rogers, Excellence in Public Policy
- Ranking Member C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, Excellence in Public Policy
- Professor Dr. Claus Schnorr, Excellence in Mathematics
- RSA Conference 2014 will take place February 24 – 28, 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- RSA Conference Europe 2013 is scheduled for October 29 – 31, 2013 in Amsterdam; and
- RSA Conference Asia Pacific 2013 will take place on June 5 – 6, 2013 at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
“For 22 years, leading minds in cybersecurity have gathered with us from around the world to address the security threats of today and tomorrow,” said Sandra Toms LaPedis, Area Vice President and General Manager of RSA Conference. “The Conference once again served as forum for professionals to examine the evolution of the information security industry and how it is affecting businesses, countries and individuals. We look forward to growing with the industry and helping organizations protect themselves in the face of today’s cyber landscape.”
“We’ve reached a tipping point – mobile has gone global and
organizations across every vertical realize its benefits. We’ve enjoyed
the opportunity to educate fellow security professionals attending RSA
Conference about the risks behind mobile apps and the steps
organizations can take to enable BYOD within their organization. There
was fantastic energy at the Conference – the exhibitor hall was packed
and the Appthority booth got great traffic. It’s an exciting time in the
security industry, and we’ve enjoyed being a part of this year’s show.”
- Domingo Guerra, President & Co-founder of Appthority, Most Innovative Company at RSA Conference 2012
“At RSA Conference, Pwnie Express has a direct channel to demonstrate
the benefits security tools like the Pwn Pad can bring to the
enterprise. The Conference is a great platform for us to get our
products in the hands of C-Level decision makers and allow them to
really grasp how we can help solve their security problems.”
- Jonathan Cran, Chief Technology Officer, Pwnie Express
“This year, the conference really exuded a strong sense of community and
encouraged insightful interactions around the security issues that
matter most in our industry. The level of energy at our booth was
incredible, and we greatly value the opportunity to meet and hear from
experienced security practitioners.”
- Carol Meyers, Chief Marketing Officer, Rapid7
"This has been one of the most high traffic years at our booth. We have
been saying it for years, but I believe this year proves that security
concerns are at the top of business priority lists. Attendees are
looking for solutions that are easy to manage but also solutions that
are going to get the job done, and RSA Conference is a great venue for
us to demonstrate the solutions we have. It was a great show for us and
we look forward to what 2013 has to offer."
- Richard Benigno, Vice President of Stonesoft, Americas
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- LinkedIn Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- Facebook Group – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.