TUALATIN, Ore.--()--Pacific Foods, a pioneer in the natural and organic soup, broth and non-dairy beverage categories, is launching several new items, many of which are category firsts, at Natural Products Expo West. Featuring an innovative line of organic baked and refried beans and all-natural ready-to-eat pasta meals, the company is also introducing line extensions in their hearty soups, gravy and non-dairy beverage offerings.
“For more than 25 years Pacific has been leading the way in the natural foods category through product innovation, and this year is no exception”
“For more than 25 years Pacific has been leading the way in the natural foods category through product innovation, and this year is no exception,” said Kevin Tisdale, Vice President of Marketing for Pacific Foods. “Through the expansion of popular product lines and filling gaps in the marketplace, we continue to provide consumers with nutritious and convenient options they can trust.”
New Beans line offers organic, BPA-free alternative to canned baked and refried beans
Pacific’s new line of beans revitalizes a staple category with innovative Tetra Recart packaging. The only boxed baked and refried beans on the market nationally, the BPA-free packaging provides the freshest flavor without the ‘tinny’ taste of cans. Rich in protein and high in fiber, all of Pacific’s bean varieties feature simple ingredients and are slow-cooked to develop rich, natural flavors.
- Organic Baked Beans, available in two varieties: Baked Beans Vegetarian and Baked Beans with Pork, SRP $2.69 - $2.99 for 13.6 oz.
- Organic Refried Beans, available in four flavorful varieties including: Refried Pinto Beans, Refried Pinto Beans (vegetarian), Refried Black Beans (vegetarian), and Refried Black Beans with Green Chiles (vegetarian), SRP $2.79 - $2.99 for 13.6 oz.
All six flavors will be coming to Whole Foods Markets nationwide this April and will be available at select natural food stores and national grocers later this spring.
New ready-to-eat Pasta Meals offer all-natural alternative to childhood classics
A modern twist on nostalgic favorites, each of Pacific’s new ready-to-eat pasta meals is made from high-quality ingredients without the use of added colors, flavors or preservatives. They are packaged in BPA-free cartons to retain a fresh, homemade flavor.
- All Natural Pasta O’s: The first ready-to-eat pasta meals on the market with two full servings of vegetables – carrots, celery, spinach and beets are combined into a delicious tomato sauce that kids will love, SRP $2.69 - $2.89 for 13.5 oz.
- All Natural Mac & Cheese: The first ready-to-eat, shelf-stable macaroni and cheese on the market, Pacific’s rich and creamy cheese sauce combines real ingredients including cheese, butter and cream – no powders! SRP $2.99 - $3.29 for 13.5 oz.
Both are currently available at select natural food stores and grocers nationwide.
New flavors and low sodium varieties extend Pacific’s Hearty Soup collection
Building on the success of its existing line of hearty chicken and vegetarian soups, Pacific is expanding its offerings this summer with the addition of two new chef-inspired flavors and reduced sodium versions of two of its most popular varieties.
- Organic Spicy Black Bean & Kale Soup: Featuring a spicy, complex flavor profile, this nutritional powerhouse combines protein and fiber from black beans with antioxidant-rich kale, SRP $3.19 - $3.69 for 17 oz.
- Organic Split Pea & Uncured Ham Soup: The only USDA organic split pea with uncured ham soup on the market, this classic and authentic recipe contains 11g of protein and is an excellent source of fiber, SRP $3.39 - $3.89 for 17 oz.
- Organic Reduced Sodium Vegetable Lentil & Roasted Red Pepper Soup: This satisfying consumer favorite is high in both fiber and protein and contains 35% less sodium than the original, SRP $3.19 - $3.69 for 17 oz.
- Organic Reduced Sodium Chicken Noodle Soup: This comforting pantry staple delivers the same fresh homemade flavor, but with 35% less sodium than the original, SRP $3.39 - $3.89 for 17 oz.
Packaged in BPA-free Tetra Recart cartons, the soups will be rolling out to grocery and natural food stores this summer.
Organic Vegan Mushroom Gravy rounds out recently introduced line of Holiday Classics
Pacific’s new Organic Vegan Mushroom Gravy offers a ready-made vegetarian option for consumers looking for a meat-free, savory topping for holiday dishes and weeknight meals alike. Packaged in BPA-free cartons, Pacific’s offering provides a fresh and robust flavor not found in canned versions and avoids the issue of lumpy gravy – often a result of powdered mixes.
The gravy will be available nationwide this fall, SRP $2.99 - $3.39 for 13.9 oz.
Long-awaited unsweetened versions of All Natural Hemp non-dairy beverage
Pacific is extending their line of dairy alternatives with the addition of All Natural Unsweetened Hemp non-dairy beverages. Available in Original and Vanilla, the “milk” is a delicious nutritional powerhouse packed with vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and healthy fatty acids. These dairy alternatives are free of all common food allergens, providing a natural source of balanced omegas and more protein and fiber per serving than competing brands.
Both flavors are currently available nationwide, SRP $3.29 - $4.49 for 32 oz.
About Pacific Foods
Founded in 1987 in Tualatin, Ore., Pacific Foods is dedicated to inspiring people to know more about their food, where it comes from and how it’s grown by delivering delicious, all-natural and organic foods made with respect for land, animals and people. Pacific Foods offers a wide variety of all natural and organic food and beverages including soups and sauces, broths, non-dairy beverages, meals and sides. The company’s products are sold throughout the U.S. and Canada in mainstream grocery and natural food stores. For more information, visit www.pacificfoods.com.