LITTLETON, Colo.--(Countermind, LLC, the Mobile Intelligence™ company, and Barcoding, Inc., a leader in enterprise-wide mobility solutions, announce that they have helped launch Donor Network of Arizona’s (DNA) “Swipe to Donate Life” application, bringing real-time data collection capabilities to the organ and tissue donor registration process.)--
“Countermind worked closely with the Donor Network of Arizona to create a custom-tailored donor registration application, while Barcoding made sure that the organization received the right hardware to meet its needs. We are looking forward to seeing the positive results that DNA experiences by incorporating this application in its processes.”
Core News Facts:
- Swipe to Donate Life is a fully customized application created using Countermind’s Mobile Intelligence™ Platform, MI Clinic, running on a mobile device (such as an iPhone or iPod touch) equipped with a sled accessory provided by Barcoding.
- MI Clinic is an award-winning mobile application that automates patient processing and data collection for health campaigns by scanning a driver’s license or other ID badge.
- When registering new organ donors, DNA employees and volunteers scan the registrant’s driver’s license barcode through the sled, which automatically populates the preprogrammed fields with the registrant’s information, including name, address, birthdate, and gender. After registrants verify the information and accept the terms of agreement, they are added to the DonateLifeAZ Registry.
- The donor’s information is added to the DonateLifeAZ Registry in real-time via a Wi-Fi access point, eliminating the need for time-consuming manual data entry and preventing the possibility of human error. If Wi-Fi is not available, users can still collect donor information, which will later be transferred and uploaded on the private and secure registry.
Timothy Brown, CEO, Donor Network of Arizona, said, “Swipe to Donate Life holds great promise for Donor Network of Arizona, and other organ donor organizations, by taking the paperwork and manual data entry out of the registration process. With this application, we can assure accuracy in our donor registry to make sure that no opportunity to save a life is lost. In addition, we hope that it will make it faster and easier to register as a donor, therefore increasing the number of registrants.”
Chuck Krutsinger, CEO, Countermind, said, “Countermind worked closely with the Donor Network of Arizona to create a custom-tailored donor registration application, while Barcoding made sure that the organization received the right hardware to meet its needs. We are looking forward to seeing the positive results that DNA experiences by incorporating this application in its processes.”
Kenneth Currie, vice president of business development, Barcoding, Inc., said, “Automating patient registration is just one example of the benefits that mobile data collection and barcode technology have to offer the healthcare industry. Whether collecting patient information at an immunization clinic or tracking administration of medication at a hospital, today’s most forward-thinking healthcare facilities are realizing the accuracy and efficiency this technology provides.”
- Barcoding’s Healthcare Solutions: www.barcoding.com/hospital-acute-care-facility-data-capture-solutions.shtml
- Countermind’s MI Clinic: www.countermind.com/products/mi-clinic
- Donor Network of Arizona: www.dnaz.org
About Countermind, LLC
Countermind, LLC is a software vendor specializing in mobile applications that integrate specialized scanning hardware into mobile business applications. Our lengthy experience in the mobile space has enabled Countermind to rapidly deploy enterprise grade mobile applications to our customers – affording them opportunity to leverage a new generation of tablets and smartphones to the benefit of their customers. Today Countermind’s Mobile Intelligence solutions are used daily by more than 4,000 users across more than a dozen enterprises. www.countermind.com.
About Barcoding, Inc.
Barcoding, Inc. is a national systems integrator, specializing in the development, deployment, and management of supply chain and mobility systems based on automated data capture and wireless technology. More than 2,500 organizations depend on Barcoding, Inc. as their trusted advisor for barcoding and radio frequency identification (RFID) applications automating operations in: field service, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, retail, transportation and logistics, and wholesale inventory. For more information, visit www.barcoding.com.