SAN FRANCISCO--(7th Annual SINET IT Security Entrepreneurs' Forum (ITSEF) program to include a keynote by Vice Admiral Gerald R. Beaman, Commander of the U.S. 3rd Fleet. In addition, prominent cybersecurity leaders from the U.S. Federal Government, Norwegian National Security Authority (NSM), Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC), Visa, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, SAIC, CrowdStrike Services, Pacific Gas & Electric, Good Technologies, US Cyber Command and others will participate at this event taking place at Stanford University on March 19-21. ITSEF is supported by the Department of Homeland Security, Science & Technology Directorate.)--The Security Innovation NetworkTM(SINET), an organization focused on the advancement of cybersecurity innovation through public-private collaboration, today announced that it has finalized the
“This allows us to foster a culture of mission, trust and purpose. It provides an environment where buyers, builders, researchers and investors are here for a common goal – to advance innovation and a desire to help one another.”
“Unlike any other event, ITSEF is the only cybersecurity forum of its kind designed to build communities of interest and trust between the Federal Government, system integration, private industry, innovation, venture capital, investment bank, academic, science, policy and entrepreneurial entities,” said Robert D. Rodriguez, Chairman and Founder of SINET. “This allows us to foster a culture of mission, trust and purpose. It provides an environment where buyers, builders, researchers and investors are here for a common goal – to advance innovation and a desire to help one another.”
Workshops – March 19
Entrepreneurs can participate in workshops to gain top-level guidance from specialized practitioners who know, understand and want to help high-tech emerging companies make a difference. Sample topics include:
- "What Technologies is the Government Looking For and How Does my Firm Respond?"
- "The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence: Engineering and Advances in Cybersecurity"
- "Commercializing Government Funded Technologies"
Forum Agenda – March 20
Presenting topics at ITSEF 2013 include:
- The Future of the Internet - Who Should Own It?
- Cybersecurity M&A and IPO's: Trends and Lessons
- Active Cyber Defenses: Defining Private and Public Sector Roles
- Commercializing Government Funded Technologies
- What Technologies is the Government Looking for and How Does My Firm Respond?
- The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence: Engineering and Advances in Cybersecurity
- How Successful Security Companies Entered the Federal Market and How their Success Affected their Eventual Exit?
- Security and Privacy in Big Tech Trends
- What's Up - What's Down for 2013, Where will the Cybersecurity Budget Win and Where will it Lose?
Private Luncheon for Media Only – March 20
“Venture Capital & Security: Are We at the Dawn of a Renaissance in Security Technology?”
Current trends point to security as a growth area for investors; however, it has historically been viewed skeptically by many investors due to the perceived size of the addressable market. Is this perspective changing? And if so, what does it mean for the community of venture firms, enterprise and government customers, and start-ups? And, does the success of the Splunk and Palo Alto Networks IPOs suggest that we are at the dawn of a renaissance in security technologies? This panel with an esteemed list of venture capitalists will dive into these questions and more.
Moderator: Brian White, Managing Director & Chief Strategy Officer, The Chertoff Group
- Robert Ackerman, Founding and Managing Director, Allegis Capital
- Asheem Chandna, Partner, Greylock Partners
- John Jack, Board Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Ted Schlein, Managing Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
- Alberto Yepez, Managing Director, Trident Capital
ITSEF 2013 sponsors include: DHS, Kauffman, KeyW, RedSeal Networks, ThreatMetrix, DoD, Good, SAIC, AGC Partners, Alvarez & Associates, BrightTalk, Chertoff Group, DLA Piper, EndGame Systems, General Dynamics, Mocana, nCircle, Novetta, QinetQ, Stanford Computer Forum, Trident Capital, TripWire, Alsop Louie, ForeScout Security, CyberPoint International, Digital Sandbox and Grammatech.
- SINET on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/SINETconnection
- SINET ITSEF 2013 on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2419914
About the Security Innovation NetworkTM
The Security Innovation NetworkTM (SINET) is a community builder and a strategic advisor who's mission is to advance innovation and enable global collaboration between the public and private sectors to defeat cybersecurity threats. SINET's public-private partnership events are supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate. SINET's affiliate, The SINET Group, offers Advisory Services and a Membership Program that offers its social collaboration tool - The SINET Exchange. Through these activities, SINET has helped build thousands of relationships and delivered value across a broad spectrum of the security community to include builders, buyers, researchers, and investors. The SINET team consists of former leaders from the Intelligence, DoD, DHS, and Silicon Valley communities. For more information visit www.security-innovation.org.