DALLAS--()--Clients who are looking to maximize the value of their facility assets with the knowledge and support of a disciplined advisory partner, can rely on a new practice: HKS Knox Advisors. Knox takes its name from and recognizes Harwood Knox Smith, HKS’s founder.
“HKS's global experience in healthcare facility design and proven qualifications in developing high-performance clinical programs and facilities with a business focus is a strong base from which to provide advisory services for hospitality, education, sports and other clients.”
“We continually see that integration of our clients’ strategic operations, finance and technology planning, combined with evidence-informed research, are driving factors when designing new facilities,” said H. Ralph Hawkins, FAIA, FACHA, LEED AP, chairman and chief executive officer of HKS. “We believe that expanding the scope of our successful healthcare advisory practice can positively impact the needs of all clients.”
HKS Knox Advisors will combine and expand the advisory and research services of the former Clinical Solutions and Research Group (CS&R) and Medical Technology group. These two groups have functioned as assets of HKS’s healthcare practice, which is ranked among the top by Modern Healthcare and BD World Architecture.
Frank D. Kittredge, Jr., MBA, FACHE, executive director, will lead HKS Knox Advisors. He was formerly director of HKS’s Clinical Solutions & Research group. He said, “HKS's global experience in healthcare facility design and proven qualifications in developing high-performance clinical programs and facilities with a business focus is a strong base from which to provide advisory services for hospitality, education, sports and other clients.”
The professionals who are part of HKS Knox Advisors have built a reputation for integrating business advisory services with the facility design process. Advisory service offerings include:
- Strategic Services: strategic thinking, strategic business plans and strategic facility planning
- Operations Services: process and performance improvement, simulation; logistics and supply chain
- Financial Services: capital budgeting, financial feasibility, return on investment and return on value, and first cost vs. life cycle cost assessment
- Technology Services: strategy, planning and procurement, medical equipment, communications and information technology
- Research: Center for Advanced Design Research and Evaluation (CADRE) funded research, HKS research and functional performance evaluation
HKS, Inc. is a leading architectural design firm ranked among the top five architectural engineering firms, according to Building Design+Construction magazine. Since its founding in 1939, HKS has completed construction projects totaling more than $75 billion in more than 1,263 cities located in 80 countries. The firm operates from 30 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.hksinc.com.