NEW YORK & SEOUL, South Korea--(Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) platform has been selected by Hanmi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a leading Korean pharmaceutical company, to support data collection and management in Phase I and II oncology clinical trials. Following a recommendation from LSK Global PS, a Medidata Services Partner and Korean contract research organization (CRO) providing clinical trial services to Hanmi, the life science organization selected the industry-leading Medidata Rave® system for electronic data capture, management and reporting.)--The
“By tapping into the effectiveness of next generation technologies, Hanmi is showing its dedication to safely expedite R&D to help bring drugs to waiting patients faster.”
Hanmi’s choice of the Medidata Clinical Cloud™ supports the company’s wider initiative to improve workflows and productivity while developing new therapies. In particular, Hanmi anticipates that its use of Rave will enhance site productivity through real-time data entry in an intuitive user interface and will also help streamline trials through Rave’s timely reporting capabilities and smooth handling of mid-study protocol amendments.
- “Hanmi’s commitment to efficiently providing new innovative drugs across a number of therapeutic areas is reinforced by their adoption of the Medidata Clinical Cloud,” said Glen de Vries, president, Medidata Solutions. “By tapping into the effectiveness of next generation technologies, Hanmi is showing its dedication to safely expedite R&D to help bring drugs to waiting patients faster.”
By implementing Rave, the company also anticipates that more timely access to data for analysis will support better trial oversight and more informed and earlier decision making. Additionally, Hanmi anticipates better study start-up through Rave’s reusable study assets and its standards-based integration framework that facilitates rapid integrations with other systems to enable data sharing.
- “Medidata’s reputation for streamlining clinical trials and enhancing trial decision making was a major factor in our decision to select the Medidata platform,” said Jeewoong Son, senior vice president, Hanmi. “Medidata’s commitment to designing cloud-based solutions that enhance research team productivity through user-friendly interfaces will play a role in driving efficiencies in our drug development programs and reducing the total cost of our clinical development.”
Connect with Medidata:
- Tweet this: Korean #pharma Hanmi selects @Medidata for better data capture, decision making in oncology trials http://bit.ly/Z6VQW5 #EDC #clinical
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
About Hanmi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Established in 1973, Hanmi Pharmaceuticals now is one of the top 5 pharmaceutical companies in Korea, and has been the most R&D focused company with the highest R&D investment for several years. Hanmi Pharma also has worldwide offices in major countries including China, Japan, Europe and the U.S. Hanmi has been successful for a few decades with high flexibility, continuously changing its market and development strategy from first generics to IMD & FDC (Incrementally Modified Drug and Fixed Dose Combination), and to new drug developments including innovative small molecules and biologics. It has more than 10 FDC pipelines including collaboration projects with MSD, GSK and Sanofi. During the period of open innovation, it made multiple strategic collaborations with multinational companies and biotech companies. Hanmi is actively conducting clinical trials for new drug pipelines such as biobetter drugs with LAPSCOVERY (Long Acting Protein-Peptide Discovery Platform Technology) and small molecule oncology pipelines in the global market.
About Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers' clinical trials. Medidata's advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.