LONDON--()--Industry game-changers and innovators from around the globe have been acknowledged as the leaders in their field at the TV Connect Industry Awards. Telefónica Digital, Ericsson, Telekom Malaysia and ZTE Corporation are included in the winning line-up announced at the prestigious gala ceremony last night. The awards highlight excellence in the connected entertainment space and celebrate the broad range of innovation and achievement in the industry.
Now in its seventh year and judged by an impressive panel of senior individuals in the industry, including cable and telecom operators and independent experts, the awards took place at One Mayfair, London (20 March) and are a symbol of recognition and respect in the connected entertainment community.
Joanna Jones, Events Director for TV Connect, said: “The calibre of entries for the awards gets stronger every year and our winners are a true showcase of the excellence that keeps the industry advancing. By receiving acknowledgement for their outstanding work and commitment and their ground-breaking technologies, award winners can strengthen their positions as technology leaders, receive much-deserved recognition from their peers and continue spearheading new developments in the connected entertainment ecosystem.”
Bob Zitter, EVP and CTO of Home Box Office (HBO), was also presented with an award for his Outstanding Contribution to the Industry during the ceremony, for his efforts as a technology leader and innovator. The accolade came ahead of Zitter’s participation in the TV Connect conference agenda this morning (Thursday 21 March), in which he gave a keynote presentation.
The full list of winners:
- Bouygues Telecom – Best TV Experience Enhancement
- Telefónica Digital – Best Multiscreen TV Service
- Motorola Mobility – Best Multiscreen TV Solution
- Broadpeak – Best Network Technology for IP TV & OTT TV
- Minerva Networks – Best SDP for IP TV & OTT TV
- AT&T – Best TV App
- DUNE HD – Best TV Consumer Device
- ZON TV Cabo – Best TV On The Move Service
- Ericsson – Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery
- Telekom Malaysia – Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
- SoftAtHome – Best Digital Home Service Innovation
- ACCESS – Best Component or Enabler
- ZTE Corporation – Special Category Award: Best New Route To Multiscreen Monetisation
- Bob Zitter – Outstanding Contribution to the Industry
- Viaccess-Orca – Best TV Experience Enhancement
- Virgin Media – Best Multiscreen TV Service
- Verimatrix – Best Multiscreen TV Solution
- Mariner – Best Network Technology for IP TV & OTT TV
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. – Best SDP for IP TV & OTT TV
- Accedo – Best TV App
- Amino – Best TV Consumer Device
- Tvinci – Best TV On The Move Service
- NAGRA – Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery
- Oman Telecommunications Company – Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
- Advanced Digital Broadcast SA – Best Digital Home Service Innovation
- Broadcom Corporation – Best Component or Enabler
- Verimatrix – Special Category Award: Best New Route To Multiscreen Monetisation
For more information about the TV Connect Industry Awards 2013 please visit the website at www.tvconnectawards.com.
About TV Connect
Formerly known as IP&TV World Forum, TV Connect is part of the TV Connect World Series and provides a unique opportunity to meet and network with the global connected entertainment community. The event continues to have a truly global reach attracting senior level executives from all 6 continents, with 2012′s event having 83 countries in attendance.
For further information please go to http://www.tvconnectevent.com/.
About Informa Telecoms & Media
Informa Telecoms & Media (www.informatandm.com) is the leading provider of business intelligence and strategic services to the global telecoms and media markets. Driven by constant first-hand contact with the industry, its 90 analysts and researchers produce a range of intelligence services including news and analytical products, in depth market reports and datasets focussed on technology, strategy and content. Informa Telecoms & Media also organises 125 global annual events, attended by more than 70,000 executives worldwide.